P3 Firmware P3S Firmware update

Reaction score
I decided to update my fw on the p3s today, just to be up to date. After the update finished the bird was making a annoying beeping sound. I restarted everything and noticed that I was getting a compass error. I have not had any compass errors yet, but I went about trying to calibrate. I keep getting a error when I attempt to do the vertical calibration. Ive tried inside and outside several times to no avail. Should I try to plug it into a2 assistant ? Im wondering if the fw dl got messed up somehow. Any help would be appreciated

Ph3 have no assistant. Unless you know any of the tricks to persuade Ph4 assistant to start with Ph3, you won't see your drone in assistant.

No, the DL didn't.
Seemed like a possibility because the beeping started halfway through the fw update. Im guessing something with the fw update had some effect on the compass calibration. Otherwise the beeping would not have started until the update had finished

Not sure how to proceed next.

If it stops snowing around here I might try to run the calibration and check out the values to make sue it is even possible. I would like to try to do so in a open field, thats why it would be nice if it let up a bit, but its been coming in for a few days straight now.

If that fails again I will resort to trying to figure out how to roll back the fw. It must be possible, Ive done it a few times on my spark

I will report back with what happens next

Yes, you should try to get the compass working. If it doesn't want to do so, you should think about replacement. Even if it worked on old calib data, the fact that you can't re-calibrare it suggests it isn't working right.

You should also check the detailed logs (so called AB logs) of the upgrade, to make sure all modules were upgraded. Though we don't expect much from there - compass is simply connected to FC, other modules do not influence their work.

In case nothing will help, you may resort do downgrade via *_FW_DEBUG file (thee are threads on it already). It is possible that the new firmware shifted data within internal flash of the FC, and that's why you need to re-calibrate. Flashing old FW has a slight chance of re-aligning the data. Calibration probably won't work there too. But also - every flashing is a risk.

Yes, you should try to get the compass working. If it doesn't want to do so, you should think about replacement. Even if it worked on old calib data, the fact that you can't re-calibrare it suggests it isn't working right.

You should also check the detailed logs (so called AB logs) of the upgrade, to make sure all modules were upgraded. Though we don't expect much from there - compass is simply connected to FC, other modules do not influence their work.

In case nothing will help, you may resort do downgrade via *_FW_DEBUG file (thee are threads on it already). It is possible that the new firmware shifted data within internal flash of the FC, and that's why you need to re-calibrate. Flashing old FW has a slight chance of re-aligning the data. Calibration probably won't work there too. But also - every flashing is a risk.
Thank you, where would I find these AB logs ? and how do I access this information ?

Thank you, where would I find these AB logs ?
See instructions here:

Reactions: Oso and mtntrogger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20