P3S controller issues

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forumns, it's a really nice place! Anyways, i have a P3S, and i have installed the argtek mod for extended range, but it has made the range worse. I reverted to the stock antenna, but the range is still bad. I cant get out more than 370 ft away from the controller without the video crapping out. No matter which antenna i use. I might have damaged the board inside the TX when i have installed the mod, not sure what to do. If i need to get a new controller, is there a possiblity to use the 4k controller on the P3S? They both use wifi, so i was wondering if it's a possiblity.

Hello, I'm new to the forumns, it's a really nice place! Anyways, i have a P3S, and i have installed the argtek mod for extended range, but it has made the range worse. I reverted to the stock antenna, but the range is still bad. I cant get out more than 370 ft away from the controller without the video crapping out. No matter which antenna i use. I might have damaged the board inside the TX when i have installed the mod, not sure what to do. If i need to get a new controller, is there a possiblity to use the 4k controller on the P3S? They both use wifi, so i was wondering if it's a possiblity.

Do you have a decent pics of the inside of your controller? Maybe we can help

I doubt you ruined it unless you installed the ArgTek with a hammer....

Do you have a decent pics of the inside of your controller? Maybe we can help

I can take it apart when i get home tonight and upload photos. It has random RTHs. I have full bars one second and then craps out another.. And the video is choppy and not fluent. I've tried multiple combinations of firmware and antennas. I don't understand why it's doing this... I installed a remote hack last night, it took no effect on the behavior. It's been an ongoing process of troubleshooting for the past month. I really just want a functioning bird.

You must have a surgeon's hands. Those sma connections were a bear for my fat fingers! :)

Alright. I installed the Argtek mod all over, and I was able to get 1000Ft from the controller. Much better than the 370ft I was getting before, but I'm still not 100% satisfied. I'm still under what DJI claims the standard can do. I expected 2000-3000ft away from the controller with the Argtek mod. Am I expecting too much and being unreasonable? I'm happy for the time being that I can get 1000FT out of it now. But I really want more.

Where are you as the Standard has two power levels ..... reduced for CE areas (Europe and associated other countries) and FAA at full power.

CE level is rated for about 500m ..... FAA is rated for about 1000m .... BUT they are ranges for open no obstructions / interference locations. Residential / urban areas will have reduced.

Nigel

I'm located in the US. Suburbs of chicago. I guess I'm using FCC. I'm gonna try the TX hack and see if there is change. Maybe 27dBm instead of 16dBm..

With FCC you should already be on 27dbm .....

You must have a surgeon's hands. Those sma connections were a bear for my fat fingers! :)

That's why we have tools and the like! I've always been pretty good with small parts though

Reactions: Anupam Murikurthy
Alright. I installed the Argtek mod all over, and I was able to get 1000Ft from the controller. Much better than the 370ft I was getting before, but I'm still not 100% satisfied. I'm still under what DJI claims the standard can do. I expected 2000-3000ft away from the controller with the Argtek mod. Am I expecting too much and being unreasonable? I'm happy for the time being that I can get 1000FT out of it now. But I really want more.
Hi, I did the ARGtek mod and got at least 1600 ft. but because I forgot to turn "distance limit" off so I'm confident that we can get over 2000 ft easily. See video .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edited video (added music):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm still to see the range with ARGtek mod, I was actually doing some research about this site (lake wolf) and its interesting to know that during the Cold War , ferrous slag was used to fill the north wetlands to create the Nike missile site (c-44) here is the link if anyone is interested. Wolf Lake (Indiana–Illinois) - Wikipedia .

Kingfisher, how much did you pay for the DBS and do you fly in an interference free area?

I installed the DBS and got 8,000 ft my first test flight . I sold my ARGtec
Almost exactly the same results I've gotten. The only "problem" I've had was remembering that the mod antenna is very directional. One cannot point it away from the drone and expect it to work well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.