P3s compass connector

Reaction score
Pull some wires off need to be sure i have them correct. Colors from left to right
Black. Red. Blank space. Gray. Brown?

Could have been worse- you were lucky. Most people who manage to butcher this rip the socket off the board....

This should give you an idea...

3BB9E3B3-C7FF-4D02-8EE7-DDAE944BF8C8.jpeg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Could have been worse- you were lucky. Most people who manage to butcher this rip the socket off the board....

This should give you an idea...

View attachment 102932
Theirs Gorilla Glue and "Gorilla Grip" People !...."OUCH With the birds"....great picture of what can happen !

I just pulled a few wire off while working on it but this is not the same colors i have
Are you sure it’s the compass? The one people most often end up breaking is for the GPS, rip it clean off when yanking the top shell away from the bottom section.

Pull some wires off need to be sure i have them correct. Colors from left to right
Black. Red. Blank space. Gray. Brown?

Attachments

• 51BB05D5-371C-4774-9780-B6FAF3E19F49.jpeg
    51BB05D5-371C-4774-9780-B6FAF3E19F49.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 378
  • EC5204FA-177C-4F14-AA23-96C8C76C724D.jpeg
    EC5204FA-177C-4F14-AA23-96C8C76C724D.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 361
I’ve taken mine to a cell phone repair shop a couple times for this. Easy for them with the right tools. Turned out like this. View attachment 103128
I wouldn’t let them fix my phone by the looks of that. Did you take the old connector with you? A good tech would have been able to solder it back to the board.

This obviously works but will be a pain if you ever need to replace the compass, lower shell or main board.

Can I even fly the drone without the compass antenna Wire attached? I can't want to spend alot of money on this problem.

I wouldn’t let them fix my phone by the looks of that. Did you take the old connector with you? A good tech would have been able to solder it back to the board.

This obviously works but will be a pain if you ever need to replace the compass, lower shell or main board.

2 comp repair houses said they could not reattach the socket to the m board. Cell phone guy said “no problem”. 10 min and a couple bucks later, I’m good to go.

Functionality trumps looks, no?

2 comp repair houses said they could not reattach the socket to the m board. Cell phone guy said “no problem”. 10 min and a couple bucks later, I’m good to go.

Functionality trumps looks, no?
I wasn’t suggesting your repair might not function well. No doubt it does. My observation was simply that I would expect a tech who is capable of reworking SMD to be capable of better work than is depicted in the image you posted.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20