P3S Camera Questions

Reaction score
Ok so I'm going to purchase a standard well mainly because I'm starting out. So here are the simple questions of the day.
1) I noticed you can replace the camera on the unit. Can this be replaced with any of the other model Cameras?
2) If not why not whats keeping it from working? Example: Software/Firmware ect.

Would you recommend I save up the money and get a Pro or Advanced instead because I see the camera on that can be changed to the newer ones.

I'm the type of person if it can be modded Ill do it and save the money. I'm normally good at it and drones are new to me so its unknown territory.

Those are really my biggest questions.

Thanks.

I don't know where you get your information from - but the P3 series cameras are each different and particular to each model. They are not interchangable, only replaceable with same.

But even the Standard camera is 2.7k which is better than 1080 ..... they are very good cameras.

Nigel

I was answering to first post .... sorry if you thought other.

I would think pro 4k possible to advanced - but I know of bricked systems where owner tried, so would champion caution.

Nigel

I was answering to first post .... sorry if you thought other.

I would think pro 4k possible to advanced - but I know of bricked systems where owner tried, so would champion caution.

Nigel
I was adding to my earlier post, not addressing yours (apologies if that's how it appeared). Occurred to me I should have mentioned the well proven advanced to pro upgrade option. The birds are identical hardware wise with the exception of the camera assy.

advanced and pro use "lightbridge" rather than garden variety wifi for the FPV downlink.

If you have the reddies I would pony up for the advanced, you won't regret the initial investment. You can always stick a pro camera on it later if you want 4K video.

advanced and pro use "lightbridge" rather than garden variety wifi for the FPV downlink.

If you have the reddies I would pony up for the advanced, you won't regret the initial investment. You can always stick a pro camera on it later if you want 4K video.
Thanks its been racking my mind what so different so it seems just the video uplink is the difference and the remote frequency correct.......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic