P3S Barometer Problem + IMU Calibration

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just like the title says. I've just unboxed this drone today and set-up the firmware properly (or so I think). A red box shows up on the app saying 'Main Controller Data Error'. When I tap the error, I get the error 'Barometer Error'. This also displays the IMU Calibration as error as well. I've tried calibrating it and it completes. Checking the IMU Data displays no negatives either. What could the problem be? I really don't want to send the drone to DJI.

Also, I've downgraded the firmware from the recent one to 1.6.08 but to no avail as well.

EDIT: Just did a fresh install of the latest firmware. Also to no avail. Choices are getting slim :(

Last edited:
Sounds like the same issue I had. Also documented earlier today on another post by another P3S owner. Both of ours had a beeping that would not go away, as well as the error messages you mention. Appears to be a firmware update that has corrupted something. My understanding is there's an internal memory card (not the removable one) that stores the various calibrations as well as other information from the firmware updates used to control the aircraft, that can get corrupted. This memory card is not accessible without disassembling the Phantom. Others more knowledgeable on this please correct me if my understanding is not correct. Unless someone can come up with a solution, they need to be returned.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: benc
Sounds like the same issue I had. Also documented earlier today on another post by another P3S owner. Both of ours had a beeping that would not go away, as well as the error messages you mention. Appears to be a firmware update that has been corrupted. Unless someone can come up with a solution, they need to be returned.

So would I just exchange it for another?

Yep....unless someone has a suggestion to fix this. It could also be sent to DJI, but if brand new best to simply exchange if problematic.

Is there a way to upload the .bin file on the site? I have an message saying file extension is not allowed.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aofgpa3OVV6pbITfjB9QIAaiGf8

The .bin file is also located here.

I removed the memory card from the drone and did a quick format of the card

Placed the bin file on the card, inserted in drone and turned on. Also had remote control and dji app going with drone wifi connected.

When I had one long beep followed by 2 shorter beeps, that meant it was done and you can turn off.

Turn off drone, remote, and app. Then restart them all.

Last edited:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aofgpa3OVV6pbITfjB9QIAaiGf8

The .bin file is also located here.

I removed the memory card from the drone and did a quick format

Placed the bin file on the card, inserted in drone and turned on. Also had remote control and dji app going with drone wifi connected.

When I had one long beep followed by 2 shorter beeps, that meant it was done and you can turn off.

Turn off drone, remote, and app. Then restart them all.
Did the .bin file work? Currently updating right now.

Newbie here. How do I get the ad card out of the phantom(not the camera). So I can make the corrections on the card? Thank you for your help.

Newbie here. How do I get the ad card out of the phantom(not the camera). So I can make the corrections on the card? Thank you for your help.
You have to take the body apart and literally unglue the card from the board. Really more trouble than it's worth, especially since you really don't know what on the card to change.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31