P3Pro Will Not Update Using SD Card

Reaction score
Hello all!

Attempting to update the Phantom 3 Pro Aircraft to fw version 1.9.3 with an sd card.
Sandisk Extreme 16 Gb.
Clean card. (no other files or folders)
Bin file only on sd card.
Insert into gimbal.
Power on aircraft.
No DDD...DDD...etc.
Attempted to update through controller and dji go app.
Downloaded to iphone 6s.
Download complete.
Begin Firmware Update.
Around 50-60 percent, controller beeps, aircraft leds (rear) begin to blink yellow.
Go app shows update complete.
Power cycle.
Go app still showing aircraft firmware version to be 1.8.0.......... (controller version is 1.9.3) .🤔
Is there an an alternate way to update the firmware on the Phantom 3 Pro.
I thought that I was pretty good solving these types of issues.
Oh well.. so much for having an ego.
I guess that I could have a bad .bin file.
Does anyone know a good P3Pro firmware repository?

Thanks Guys!!

If your are updating firmware with a bin file on a sd card its important the card is formated first and then restarted and updating with the app you have wait for the indicator lights to slow flash green then you know the aircraft
has finished updating...sometimes lights flash amber half way through the process (have to let the bird do its thing). All i can suggest is try again.

If your are updating firmware with a bin file on a sd card its important the card is formated first and then restarted and updating with the app you have wait for the indicator lights to slow flash green then you know the aircraft
has finished updating...sometimes lights flash amber half way through the process (have to let the bird do its thing). All i can suggest is try again.
Thank you for the reply!
Yes, the card is formatted prior to .bin file being applied.
Cannot format in the Phantom 3 Pro.

In order to (hopefully) format to dji 's format, I have formatted the sd card in my Mavic 2 Pro.
I then delete the folders from the card and apply the .bin file for the P3 Pro.
Install the sd card (with .bin file for P3Pro) into the P3Pro gimbal, power up the P3Pro and wait for the usual audio and visual indicators.
I have also formatted both cards on pc and attempted the update.
No cigar.
I have used two different sd cards, both formatted as described above.
No success.
There has to be another way to update the firmware.

I guess that it is possible that my .bin version 1.9.0. is a corrupt file.
If any one knows of a firmware repository that I can download from, it would be much appreciated.
I am actually looking for the P3 Pro Firmware version, 1.9.3

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply!

In order to (hopefully) format to dji 's format, I have formatted the sd card in my Mavic 2 Pro.
Install the sd card (with .bin file for P3Pro) into the P3Pro gimbal, power up the P3Pro and wait for the usual audio and visual indicators.
No cigar.
No success.

If any one knows of a firmware repository that I can download from, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
I would ask you why you want to update in the first place? Most P3P pilots say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," because updating merely causes much woe. I haven't updated my P3P in 3 years, and it still flies like a champ.

Last edited:

No cigar.
No success.

Are you sure that the SD card slot on your AC is working?

To echo what @Great Pumpkin said, so many threads have started with, "It was working perfectly, then I changed [ FW, App, Settings, etc ] and now it doesn't work."

DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post. There you find direct links to FW versions as well as links to a couple of other sites with links to FW files.

Note that there is no 1.9.3 FW for the P3A or P3P AC.
AC FW 1.8.8 went to 1.9.6 in mid 2016, and then to 1.10.9 and finally to 1.11.20, although there is a 1.11.30 for specific ESC issues.

Last edited:
I would ask you why you want to update in the first place? Most P3P pilots say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," because updating merely causes much woe. I haven't updated my P3P in 3 years, and it still flies like a champ.
Agreed ive read so many people complaining that their live feed goes out on their camera after updating the pro. Its what happened to mine and never got it sorted before I had a bad crash and broke the mother board somehow. Ive learned though that through DJI you can get older firmware from them and downgrade again if issues come up from a new upgrade thats been done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers