P3Pro - Hiking With Drone - Backpack Choice?

Reaction score
Hello guys. I live in the Scottish Highlands and I'd like to take my newly acquired P3Pro drone out with me hiking - can people recommend a backpack (or other) that is a balance of protection and weight? I have a B&W 6700 storage travel case for the unit at home, or when I can drive to a location, but I'd like to get a fitted backpack to carry the unit up small hills and into Glenns, lochs, etc. Suggestions welcome.

I use
Hobby-Ace Backpack Bag Carrying Case for DJI Phantom 1 2 3 FC40 Vision. I really like it.I do a lot of hiking all over the US. For longer hikes I put my Camelbak water pack on backwards (in the front) and the drone on my back. In the full photo I put a plastic bag over the drone to keep dust off. Enjoy your drone. BTW do you wear a hiking kilt?

Attachments

• captamerica.jpg
    captamerica.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 477
  • davidrone.JPG
    davidrone.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 434
I've been using the Manfrotto Pro since getting my P3P more than 1-1/2 years ago. I don't think they sell the specific model I bought then, but have an improved model out now the "D-1".
If you plan to do a lot of flying, and will be flying from places you'll have to hike into through rough conditions (including rain), then the quality of Manfrotto is hard to match.

There are so many backpacks available for $30+ you can pick any that is comfortable to you. I don't suggest to go with open P3 for safety reasons and also there are so many parts to be carried along that you need a proper case.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Numone
I use
Hobby-Ace Backpack Bag Carrying Case for DJI Phantom 1 2 3 FC40 Vision. I really like it.I do a lot of hiking all over the US. For longer hikes I put my Camelbak water pack on backwards (in the front) and the drone on my back. In the full photo I put a plastic bag over the drone to keep dust off. Enjoy your drone. BTW do you wear a hiking kilt?
PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!!:)

I've bought 4 different backpacks, ProCraft, Polar Pro Trekker, Chinese Cheapy, and the Think Tank Helipak. For $200 I really like the Helipak best, and it's the most expensive of these 4. Great materials, excellent flexibility to configure the inside, not too big, not too small. Great backpack for Phantoms.

I've bought 4 different backpacks, ProCraft, Polar Pro Trekker, Chinese Cheapy, and the Think Tank Helipak. For $200 I really like the Helipak best, and it's the most expensive of these 4. Great materials, excellent flexibility to configure the inside, not too big, not too small. Great backpack for Phantoms.
Blimey, you've rinsed some cash on backpacks there John! LOL!
I couldn't justify spending £200 on a soft backpack, when something like this looks like it could do pretty much the same job.
XMAS Sale Waterproof Shoulder Backpack Carrying Bag For DJI Phantom 4 Pro 3 2 | eBay
Personally, I love my £30 chinese hardshell. I wanted the AC, RC and batteries to have a decent level of shock protection, especially on the AC arms and it's stood up to many domestic and intl flights, the trips in the trunk to the destination and two heavy falls from the back seat of my car, all without any issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic