P3 Firmware P3P wont initiate latest update

Reaction score
ive tried everything and i cannot for the life of me make this P3P update the latest firmware. HELP ME PLEAAASSSEEEE!

What does this latest update do anyway?

What do you mean by nothing? Got any more details?

so i place the BIN file in the root directory of the SD card and the update just never initiates. i find it weird most videos i see of the P3P has this HD symbol by the wifi signal and ive NEVER seen that. been trying to figure this out and i have no clue what to do

Reactions: ontheedge1
Was your Phantom running as expected before you attempted to update the firmware?

so i place the BIN file in the root directory of the SD card and the update just never initiates.
Do you see a TXT file in the root of the memory card after attempting to install the update?

How do you check for the TXT file? You'll find it in the root of the memory card after you connect it to a computer via some type of memory card reader.

Try following my instructions again. They are extremely detailed, so make sure you read and follow each step carefully.

If the update fails again, please let me know exactly which step failed (and what didn't work as documented).

when i put the SD card in the Phantom and turn it on. it never initiates the update. it just boots normal and thats it.

If it is already at the current rev. level it won't do anything.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
when i put the SD card in the Phantom and turn it on. it never initiates the update. it just boots normal and thats it.
What's the full filename of the BIN file in the root of your memory card?

If it is already at the current rev. level it won't do anything.
A TXT log file will be created in the root of the memory card even when attempting to install the currently installed version. The OP is not seeing that, so this must not be the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic