P3P with ESC error Help Needed

Reaction score
Today I received a P3P minus the Camera which I added from another source.
I'm using my battery & my RC. Links to AC fine & I've got video feed & gimbal works fine.. I cant start the motors, with CSC or auto take off.. It says "ESC Status Error" restart aircraft If this persists contact DJI. Man I knew this was too easy....
Not a scratch, scrape, or bump showing on the bird, perfect in outward appearance. Was packaged well when shipped too..
How about it all? What do you think?
Thank you..

Last edited:
Today I received a P3P minus the Camera which I added from another source.
I'm using my battery & my RC. Links to AC fine & I've got video feed & gimbal works fine.. I cant start the motors, with CSC or auto take off.. It says "ESC Status Error" restart aircraft If this persists contact DJI. Man I knew this was too easy....
Not a scratch, scrape, or bump showing on the bird, perfect in outward appearance. Was packaged well when shipped too..
How about it all? What do you think?
Thank you..
Did you test it before adding the camera?

Some ESC errors can be corrected with a firmware update.

Did you test it before adding the camera?

Some ESC errors can be corrected with a firmware update.

No I did not test before camera install. I got Cam yesterday & AC today. Just now put the two together. After some looking, this looks to be a huge problem for P3P hey?
most of what i just read seems to suggest AFTER the update problems arise. I'll check if I can update FW & thankfully this was a project & not my daily flyer, just a house payment wrapped up in this is all.. Thank you for your reply. Any more thoughts please let me know.

Hey LarBear360... Yea & hip hip hooray... I went to check FW it's running for maybe the new FW update fix, & It fires up now..... I stopped & started CSC a few times... Shut everything down & restarted.. All good.

Others have stated they have had the problem re occur.
Not me though right?
thanks again for your input. How do you spell RELIEF...

Reactions: LarBear360
Firmware flash might fix it. There was a patched firmware hosted on mediafire server for download by DJI a while back. Should be easy to track down with a search.

Have a good look around the motors, it might’ve the previous owner butchered the stator windings installing the prop guard screws without the guards. Stupid mistake to make but easy enough given how often it happens.

Reactions: Phantom2USA
Firmware flash might fix it. There was a patched firmware hosted on mediafire server for download by DJI a while back. Should be easy to track down with a search.

Have a good look around the motors, it might’ve the previous owner butchered the stator windings installing the prop guard screws without the guards. Stupid mistake to make but easy enough given how often it happens.

With The Birds.................
It's working now.. see above .. I'll fly it tomorrow..You've given me some more to learn now though. lol I'll post back on flying tomorrow..
I do appreciate the reply & help..

Aircraft has been flown & all was good..
Firmware flash research & learning has begun also..
Have inquired of debug file.
Thanks all..

I may have butchered the stator windings (as you indicated) messing around with the screws for the propeller guards. It was after eventually putting new propeller guards on that I got the ESC Status Error. Everything else calibrates and I can take photos, videos, etc. Just can't arm the motors on my Phantom 3 Pro! Repair places want to replace the ESC board at great expense. What do you suggest?

I may have butchered the stator windings (as you indicated) messing around with the screws for the propeller guards. It was after eventually putting new propeller guards on that I got the ESC Status Error. Everything else calibrates and I can take photos, videos, etc. Just can't arm the motors on my Phantom 3 Pro! Repair places want to replace the ESC board at great expense. What do you suggest?
I would replace the motors first given they are a lot cheaper than a main board- nothing to loose as they will need replacing anyway if he windings are damaged.

If you take your time the phantom 3 is easy enough to pull down. Hardest part is opening the shell. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

Don’t proceed if your not comfortable soldering connections though. The fly leads from the motors need to be soldered to the main board.

Birds is right. Replace the motors. Motors damaged by screws contacting the windings show up as ESC errors. Involves simple soldering. Take pictures of connections so you know how rewire the new motors.

Incidentally, wires on the new motors may seem too long. DON’T shorten them. There’s plenty of room to tuck them into each arm. Mechanically securing the wires is strongly suggested. DJI uses a soft polymer glue I can’t find so I us hot glue. Works pretty good and can be easily removed with 100% isopropyl alcohol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20