P3P will not connect to DJI GO app???

Reaction score
Hello all!

It has been a long while since I flew my P3P, but today I was going to give it a go. My RC and Bird are connected, but my iPhone 7 Plus will not connect to my Controller. I have tried three different cables, and a plethora of other suggestions, but still no success. I can move the camera with the up and down camera roller. I can also start the propellers by holding the toggles down and in, as well as shut them off. I have looked everywhere for a solution, but I have found nothing. I even did a search here, and came up empty, so I apologize if this is a repeat thread. I just want to fly my P3P and take some photos, but that is impossible if my iPhone won't connect using the DJI GO app. As far as I know my app is up to date, as well as the bird and RC. I also hear that the Mavic Pro is having the exact same issue. Did DJI BRICK my several thousand dollar investment?

Thank you ahead of time for any suggestions you can through my way!
Sincerely,
Mike

May be the usb board in your remote controller is bad now. This has been known to happen after inactivity for extended period of time. Especially with the GL300a remote controller.

May be the usb board in your remote controller is bad now. This has been known to happen after inactivity for extended period of time. Especially with the GL300a remote controller.
Thank you for the reply, my remote is the GL300B. Not sure, but the Innerweb is full of folks having this same issue. Can't get the iPhone or Android to connect.

The screen looks like this... 68EAA1B5-4DE4-4265-A503-203EE817F79C.png

Yes, my phone will not connect to the RC. Nothing at all! I tried three known good cables too.
Have you tried deleting the GO app, then reinstall it?
It’s worth a shot.
Do you know anyone that has another controller to try? I’m still thinking the problem is with the usb board.

Hello, my name is Byron Hanson and I own a Phantom 4 Pro +.
I can't access the DJI Go 4 app with my controller. I can fly the aircraft
but I'm unable to see anything on the screen except a "Sign-In" prompt.
When I sign-in I get the following prompt: "Network Unavailable".
My situation sounds very similar to yours. I've been in contact with DJI
support and as of this writing they have not been able to help me correct
the problem. I stopped by the local DJI dealership (Henderson, NV.) and
they couldn't suggest a fix....so....I'm still trying. The dealership recommended
that I download the latest firmware for both the controller and the aircraft which
I have done several times and I still have the same problem. I've tried connecting
to different WiFi locations and still have the same problem. I'm so disappointed
in DJI's support and I continue asking for help on this "Forum" but as of this writing
no one has come up with a solution. Wish "We" could find someone that would help us.

Reactions: schroeder1959
Are you sure you are connecting in the proper sequence? 1) Turn on controller, 2) turn on battery, 3) turn on phone, 4) plug in cable, 5) turn on DJI GO.
Yes, I have had my P3P now for several years. I swapped out the USB circuit board this morning, and no improvement. Nothing! the controller and my iPhone have no connection. Tried three known good cables too.

Have you tried Litchi?
I stopped using Go on my P3P ages ago.
Yes, no connection between RC and my iPhone. Even tried a different USB circuit board, same result. My phone and my RC just are not communicating. I can start the propellers with the RC, just nothing on my phone.

We are trying to help figure it out.
Thank you so much! I charged up my DJI Mavic Pro battery and RC today, and it flew perfectly, no issues connecting to DJI GO 4, everything was in excellent working order! So the issue isn't with my phone or the cables. Not sure what is up with my P3P!?!?!?!

BBAB165BB64D2BA53084E89EB0B93753.jpg

I had this issue about 2 years ago, only it was intermittend.
I experienced my smart device lost connection and came on again by fidling with the USB-cable near the controller.
So I took out the little PCB-board underneath the controller and reflowed(soldered) the pins of the USB-port with leaded solder.
I have no problems annymore since.

Reactions: schroeder1959
I had this issue about 2 years ago, only it was intermittend.
I experienced my smart device lost connection and came on again by fidling with the USB-cable near the controller.
So I took out the little PCB-board underneath the controller and reflowed(soldered) the pins of the USB-port with leaded solder.
I have no problems annymore since.
I wish I had that expertise! I am afraid if I tried anything like that I would totally ruin the board. I know they are not expensive, but I don't want to wait 4 weeks to get one from China.

Are you trying to use DJI GO 4 app with the P3P??
No, that is just for my Mavic Pro, which still works perfectly, knocking on woods as I type this. Only the DJI GO for the Phantom 3 Pro.

We are trying to help figure it out.
Thank you for your help with this! I truly appreciate it, A LOT!!!! Even though my Mavic Pro Is still working, I would still like to fly my P3P!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers