P3P VPS module temperature?, Mine is hot as $hit! at 175

Reaction score
I am still in testing mode since I just did a body swap with new paint job and main board repair to my P3P after a recent crash. It seems to fly great but I have one thing that worries me. My VPS feels real hot after a while. After a 10 minute flight hot dogging around the empty lot across from my house I took it inside and using a laser temperature gun I got a high reading of 175 degrees Fahrenheit or ~79.5 Celsius. That is pretty freaking hot. I don't remember how hot it got before all my changes because I never though much of it. Can someone fly hard for 10 minutes or let is sit idle for that long and tell me what your VPS temp is?

P.S. If you are in a charitable mood, I am also trying to determine what the voltage going to the Lightbridge is on the black wires. I have read it was ~5v and that (5.2V) is what I have my rigged up regulator set at, but want to be sure.

It will be much hotter doing the test this way.
I know, I just want to know what the normal temps others are getting in either setting.

My P3A with VPS on, just static on the table goes up to 50°C (122 F) (infrared thermometer.
With the motors running (not flying), after 5 minutes, it is at 55°C (131 F).
But in both cases I can put and left my finger on it for any time, so it was hardly more than 50 °C.
Ambiant room temperature was 26°C (79 F).

OK, mine is definitely running too hot then. It may have been damaged with the 5v regulator short. I will just unplug it until I replace it. I really don't need it anyway.

Update I went ahead and ordered another VPS module. I found someone on eBay selling some for $10, for that price I figured I can't lose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31