Gimbal Disconnected. Compass Error. Daughter Board Dead?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been a long time since I posted. My P3P crashed itself several months ago and due to the winter (and a voided warranty due to DBSMods), it sat in my carrying case unfixed. I finally got inspired to fix it this week while I wait for my P4 and I'm totally frustrated. Initially, the main issue was that the IMU pushed through the aircraft. I had the board soldered, but to no available. Dead drone.

So I went to eBay and purchased a new mainboard (part 96) with the motors and LED attached. I moved the whole interior to a new shell and the aircraft boots, the IMU appears calibrated, it connects to the RC but there are the following errors:

• Gimbal starts up but after 10 seconds goes limp—video never shows up in DJI Go.
  • Constant compass error. I'll re-calibrate and it immediately asks for re-calibration.
  • Last, when the RC is right next to the aircraft, RC connection is good but even if I walk 10 feet away, the signal looks weak.
The only thing I think it can be (and the only thing these three things share in common) is the little logic board above the VPS board (the one the VPS shares cables with). I checked the connection and everything seems okay, but is it possible that board has gone bad? Or is there something else super simple that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Edit: this is the board I mention: Buy Phantom 3 4K - WiFi Video Downlink Air Unit Module | DJI Store

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers