P3P Video Settings

Reaction score
So I recently sold my P3S and upgraded to the P3P,
First flight yesterday with the pro and I am just wondering about the video recording settings,
I thought this would record 4K at 30fps,
But instead there's only options for 4K at 24fps,
Am I missing something or am I completely wrong,
I live in he uk and It's a uk spec P3P
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So I recently sold my P3S and upgraded to the P3P,
First flight yesterday with the pro and I am just wondering about the video recording settings,
I thought this would record 4K at 30fps,
But instead there's only options for 4K at 24fps,
Am I missing something or am I completely wrong,
I live in he uk and It's a uk spec P3P
Thanks

Hi!

In the Menu/Video Size options you get only 24 fps at 4096x2160 but if you choose the 'other' 4K option (3840x2160), you'll see you can also have 30 fps. This is only in NTSC. In PAL you are, indeed, stuck with just 24 or 25 fps. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, most playback devices nowadays auto-select between the two formats anyway.

Reactions: sonof40 and Liam_89
P3P doesn't have a super duper high dynamics camera and and 24fps should be good enough for normal video footage.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Liam_89
I found that both resolution and overall video quality is best at 2160p and 30 fps. That is the correct setting for ultra high definition (UHD). 4K does not fit a 9x16 UHD/4K display hence it is less than ideal.

Reactions: Liam_89
I tried the highest setting of 4K and 25fps and it seems like there's bits missing from the top of the screen,
Like it's not full screen,
This is when I'm Watching on my 55" 4K tv,
Wonder if I drop to the next 4K below it will solve it ?

Ok with this new app layout why can't I find the video setting to change from 1080p to 4K?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
Ok with this new app layout why can't I find the video setting to change from 1080p to 4K?
That photo shows the shutter settings menu. Are you saying that in the menu items (one menu-level above) you can't see the video resolution settings?

As I said in a private conversation with you a minute ago, it may be important that people here know this from one of your previous posts. Although it may not be the cause, it could be relevant...

"So I finally decided to upgrade my P3a with a 4K camera. All I had to do was switch the P3a camera with a P3p camera, update the firmware with P3p firmware n it worked fine. Now the Dji go app recognize it to be a P3p."

Your latest photo shows that you are in the general settings menu, not the video camera settings menu (the top left in menu).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31