P3P video quality

Reaction score
So today was my first flight and after downloading the video to my computer I watched the videos. All were choppy and discolored at the top. Everything was on stock settings. Two videos at 4k and 4 at 1080p. Anyone know what might be going on? I have a high end computer so I don't think that is it. Maybe try the video on a different device? I'm new to having a drone so any help is greatly appreciated and needed! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Kinda hard to see what you mean, maybe upload a short clip to YouTube so we can see?

Reactions: 750r
Try a different memory card ? What card are you using ?
Like above short clip will help .

Using the Lexar that came with it. Put the videos on my phone and it's only choppy. I'll put a video on YouTube now.

So today was my first flight and after downloading the video to my computer I watched the videos. All were choppy and discolored at the top. Everything was on stock settings. Two videos at 4k and 4 at 1080p. Anyone know what might be going on? I have a high end computer so I don't think that is it. Maybe try the video on a different device? I'm new to having a drone so any help is greatly appreciated and needed! Thanks!

Somehow it plays fine on YouTube. I have an AMD 3.0 6-Core with 16GB RAM and a EVGA 970GTX video card. On my computer it has multi colored lines at the top and on my phone its only choppy but clear video. Note 4. I'm at a loss.

amused2, just looking at the playback of youtube, you have it set to 50, which is PAL. I don't now what country you are in but if it's usa your frame rate should be 24.30 or60fps. 4Kfps. is 24 or 30. Choppy video is probably slow data rate. I think the problem is in your computer set-up. Make sure you can handle 4K 30fps first.

Cool, thanks bro! I'll have to try that. My settings didn't have a 60fps option on 1080p. Just had 24 or 50. Will try it Thurs.

So I watched the videos in QuickTime and it was choppy n multicolored at the top but if I use VLC player they play smooth and look great. Anyone know why? What can I change? Codecs corrupt?

The choppiness is most likely caused by (too) high shutter speed. You could most likely benefit from ND (neutral density) filters.

[Deleted content]

[Moderator edit: Selling is allowed in the classifieds.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Trumple
So my 1080p options are 24, 25, 48 and 50. I thought it was supposed to get 60? If there is a NTSC/PAL option, where is it? I'm in the US and on android which has only 1/4 the options that iOS does.

So my 1080p options are 24, 25, 48 and 50. I thought it was supposed to get 60? If there is a NTSC/PAL option, where is it? I'm in the US and on android which has only 1/4 the options that iOS does.

Yes, there is a NTSC/PAL setting. Hit the Camera Settings button (above the Shutter Button), hit "More" and scroll down. There you can select either NTSC or PAL. And you need NTSC for 30/60 FPS.

Remember; you have to be connected to the Phantom 3 in order for you to change and keep the settings.

I'm on iOS, but I am pretty sure THAT part is also in the Android app! :)

So let it be said: download the app from DJI and not the Google store. Different for some reason although they are both the same version. I now have the NTSC/PAL option and more.

So let it be said: download the app from DJI and not the Google store. Different for some reason although they are both the same version. I now have the NTSC/PAL option and more.

And now the version on the play store is a more recent version. Uninstall the old one and download from the store.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor