P3P Video No Signal/Not updating to 1.3.20/RC Not updating

I do not know. I am hoping for a guy with big brains to give us a helping hand on this.

I dropped mine off for tech service with my dealer today. Will let you know what I hear.

My dealers tech support says I'm going to have to send it to DJI for repair. Hopefully warranty will cover it.

I'm having same problem. I've been able to update RC via IPhone and Battery with my other p3p but this bird won't read the sd cards I've tried. It'll start with a tricolor cycle then just blink yellow. With a controller plugged directly it blinks red and yellow.

No light on camera gimble. No signal from the app but I'm able to calibrate compass within the app.

I haven't checked the wiring on the camera - and not sure I'd unscrew things and risk voiding any warranty.

Will DJI honor this replacement? There must be some sort of way to hard reset the system or access it directly from bird/camera to PC.

Thank you very much -

Why would the LED lights on the gimbal not turn on though? I've tried to use 4-5 different SD cards...all phantom 3 pro compatible...all re-formatted.

I've tried putting the .bin in the root file, and followed all the directions of the previous firmware installs. Like I said, I've updated firmware 4-5 times, and i've gone through the pains of learning how to do it, what sounds to listen for..

I don't hear ANY sound other than a slight clicking..

I've noticed a lot of people are having issues after 10-20 seconds the gimbal controls no longer work.
You might try dragging and dropping the bin file into the root file.

I have a question for those of you having trouble with this - look at your sd slot and see what type of fan you have - black or white.

My working p3p has a white covered fan that spins when I start up the drone. The one that refuses to update has a black fan that doesn't spin at all - and the gimbal gets incredibly hot very quickly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 350
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 375
I have a question for those of you having trouble with this - look at your sd slot and see what type of fan you have - black or white.

My working p3p has a white covered fan that spins when I start up the drone. The one that refuses to update has a black fan that doesn't spin at all - and the gimbal gets incredibly hot very quickly.
May I suggest a small fan when you are doing the upgrade-- it will knock 20 degrees off the temperature of the gimbal mount and circuit board. Heat may be an issue here on these upgrades.

That is not the issue. A - there's a different fan for 2 drones of the same type. B- the black one doesn't work. The upgrade never initiates when the gimbal is cool so an external fan won't help that.

My thought is the whole gimbal is under powered which is why the fan doesn't work and the gimbal light never goes on. People who are having a similar problem are trying 10 different sd cards to no avail because that is not the problem.

That is not the issue. A - there's a different fan for 2 drones of the same type. B- the black one doesn't work. The upgrade never initiates when the gimbal is cool so an external fan won't help that.

My thought is the whole gimbal is under powered which is why the fan doesn't work and the gimbal light never goes on. People who are having a similar problem are trying 10 different sd cards to no avail because that is not the problem.
maybe, but the upgrade will initiate when the gimbal is cool and it is better to keep it cool during the upgrade. That fan has nothing to do but keep the chip cool in the circuit board. The gimbal mount will heat up regardless of the fan type and high heat in and electronic circuit board creates a lot of issues.

When the Phantom has props turning that mount will stay cool, so when the props are removed on these upgrades-- no cooling-- that is the reason for the extra fan.

I will plop this in front of the AC at full blast and see what happens but the failure to upgrade firmware is within seconds.

I will plop this in front of the AC at full blast and see what happens but the failure to upgrade firmware is within seconds.
I don't understand that-- it can take up to 25 minutes to complete and the only way you know it is successful is to look on the text file on the sd card when it finishes. I will go back and read the whole post to see it I am missing anything.

Yeah this topic is that the update doesn't initiate at all. I have 2 p3ps and this one doesn't initiate at all. No gimbal light. No fan operation. It is either bricked or the gimbal isn't working.

Ok I have read it to the top of this page.
Format the SD Card. Copy the bin file to the root directory of the sd card. Place the card in the gimbal base. Make sure the gimbal base is cool. Make sure your controller is turned off. Turn on the external cooling fan, and then power up the Phantom-- set a timer for 30 minutes and let it work.. the red and green light on the front of the gimbal base should be blinking during the update-- if they are -- the update is in progress. When they stop blinking and the green light remains on the update is complete. Mine took about 20 minutes, but I let the process goo a full thirty minutes before I turned the Phantom Off. You then should be able to remove the SD card and open the text files which will say something like this-- "
==========2015.08.15 15:09:55==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Success
If you can get that far--- get back on and we can go over the remainder of the process--​

Minus the external cooling I have done all of the above. My first Pro went through the update without a hitch.

But I'll try it soon as I can.

Still would love an answer as to why there are two different cooling fans on the Professional and if the difficulty people are having have are predisposed to one type over the other - makes me think how certain Acura MDX models were made in Canada for a few years and frequently had transmission failures.

Minus the external cooling I have done all of the above. My first Pro went through the update without a hitch.

But I'll try it soon as I can.

Still would love an answer as to why there are two different cooling fans on the Professional and if the difficulty people are having have are predisposed to one type over the other - makes me think how certain Acura MDX models were made in Canada for a few years and frequently had transmission failures.
DJI probably orders their parts from different suppliers with supposedly the same specs. They may get these fans from two different suppliers or they were manufacture in different runs with different colors. If the white one is good and the black ones are failing then yes that could be causing some overheating issues when the props are not turning. I can tell you that I run my motors for a minute on two after I land, if I have enough battery, just to cool down the internal circuits in the Phantom and by doing this that gimbal base is always cool to touch after shutting off the motors.

same drama here with brand new P3 Pro - essentially bricked thanks to this "update".

been told the same thing by retailer "send it back".

so great - so bad = zero net value

I stuck the P3P in front of an AC on full blast, let it sit well over 25 minutes. No beeping, no color changes on the back - just a steady blinking yellow. It has to be the gimbal itself - itll start up when you turn it on but then go limp, which ive read others have had issue with.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj