P3P video live feed fault on my brand new Prof drone, what's this?

Reaction score
I got my new Phantom 3 Prof yesterday. I'm not new to the drones, but I used my prev P3P with the new fw, so I updated. I have no info from before, I haven't checked anything.

So update firmware on the remote, after relink the AC. Update FW on AC, gimbal, etc.

After that I experienced few battery fault notification in my app, but after that it disappeared, I thought this is the part of the boot process, because it disappeared immediately after it appeared. Didn't cause any headache, so I skipped it. Few compass errors, but I was in the flat, no problem, strong interfere is possible for sure...

But today I was out for the first test drive, and the video live feed is... Horrible, a piece of s***. After the flight I had compass error. Open area, not even a house or anything close to me, was weird.

This is the live feed, I saved it from my tablet. The video on the card is perfect, the camera seems fine to me. But the tablet...:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't know what's this from. Maybe something to the radio? Should I calibrate the remote? Or relink it again? Even the range of the bird (I tested it in my house) seems shorter than my prev P3P. Maybe should try prev FWs? Any idea? Thanks

Other question, should I send it back to the Wex (UK)? They have to check it, and maybe I'll bet a new drone. Or shall I send it to the DJI to get it repaired?

Reactions: dclifton
I have experienced similar issues (not as severe) with the live feed on the latest FW - I don't know if it is related to the latest FW or not though. What kind of tablet are you using?

So update firmware on the remote, after relink the AC. Update FW on AC, gimbal, etc.
The release notes for the latest AC FW note to relink after installing. You said that you relinked after you updated the RC instead of relinking after updating both the RC and the AC. I would try relinking since it is so easy. Several folks have reported that doing so has helped after updating to the latest AC FW even when they already had a green "linked" light on their RC.

Last edited:
Reactions: dclifton
The release notes for the latest AC FW note to relink after installing. You said that you relinked after you updated the RC instead of relinking after updating both the RC and the AC. I would try relinking since it is so easy. Several folks have reported that doing so has helped after updating to the latest AC FW even when they already had a green "linked" light on their RC.
OMG... Even I read it few times to relink it after update, but I was too excited about the new bird... Thanks, you're right, I did the relink before the update, so I'll try it as soon as I arrive at home, thanks...

Reactions: Apilot101
Asus, Nexus 7. Ily worked with my prev P3P, so it's not an issue...
These bits of kit are notoriously picky, especially with Android devices. I would not assume that since it worked on another Phantom that its not an issue now. It may not be an issue, but everything needs to be considered when you're troubleshooting.

Reactions: Apilot101
Okay, I tried to relink 3 times, still the same. Tried to link to another controller, same. So it's not the controller... Tried with other device, so not the tablet. Tried different cable, not even cable. Must be the plane...

Tried firmware roll back, but I couldn't, because with the newest firmware it's impossible... I'll send it back, and I'm getting enough of the drones, this is the 3rd I have to get rid of, the first one was fw upgrade issue, second is seller issue, 3rd (this) is faulty issue. What the hell should I do to get a working drone, and enjoy using it? :(

Okay, I tried to relink 3 times, still the same. Tried to link to another controller, same. So it's not the controller... Tried with other device, so not the tablet. Tried different cable, not even cable. Must be the plane...

Tried firmware roll back, but I couldn't, because with the newest firmware it's impossible... I'll send it back, and I'm getting enough of the drones, this is the 3rd I have to get rid of, the first one was fw upgrade issue, second is seller issue, 3rd (this) is faulty issue. What the hell should I do to get a working drone, and enjoy using it? :(

I agree waste of time I have the same video link faults P3P it's a bag of shite! And from what I read Dji don't give a toss. I am getting rid and buying another manufacturer.

I understand your frustration.

If its fresh under warranty, I'd consider sending it back. My 1st quad the local DJI dealer swapped out the RC for me and dealt with DJI.

If not, Can you tell us what versions on the AC , Rc and Go? I can see what I can do to get it rolled back for you.

I understand your frustration.

If its fresh under warranty, I'd consider sending it back. My 1st quad the local DJI dealer swapped out the RC for me and dealt with DJI.

If not, Can you tell us what versions on the AC , Rc and Go? I can see what I can do to get it rolled back for you.
Thanks, very kind, I'll try to get it swapped, not sure if it's fw fault, probably physical problem, so that would not help...

If the display device worked with another P3P on latest firmware we are probably safe to discount it as the culprit.

Have a look at your HD channel settings in the go app- make sure it is set to auto and not manual- you may be on a fixed channel where other wifi services are operating. I had an earlier experience where the setting was changed to manual after a FW update.

If the display device worked with another P3P on latest firmware we are probably safe to discount it as the culprit.

Have a look at your HD channel settings in the go app- make sure it is set to auto and not manual- you may be on a fixed channel where other wifi services are operating. I had an earlier experience where the setting was changed to manual after a FW update.
Thanks for the tip, that was the first I checked, and it's on auto...

Thanks for the tip, that was the first I checked, and it's on auto...
The only other suggestion I will make is to ensure the latest fw versions for AC and RC are loaded (wouldn’t hurt to make sure the battery got updated also). Miss matched FW versions are notorious for poor video transmission issues (I have had that also).

The only other suggestion I will make is to ensure the latest fw versions for AC and RC are loaded (wouldn’t hurt to make sure the battery got updated also). Miss matched FW versions are notorious for poor video transmission issues (I have had that also).
Thanks, everything was the latest release. RC FW, AC FW, App, everything. Returned the bird yesterday, I'll get my new tomorrow....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31