P3P up and running

Reaction score
I finally gave up waiting on B&H to get their units so I cancelled with them and ordered from DroneNerds. My unit arrived yesterday afternoon.

Did the firmware upgrade on the bird and then attempted to upgrade the controller using a thumb drive per the upgrade instructions. I would get the red light on the controller for about 10 secs and then it would turn green and stay that way indefinitely. I tried to use the controller after that and when bird and controller were on, kept getting a "not connected" message in the Pilot app.

Called DN support this morning and first CSR said to try updating the controller again. Same results so called DN again. Got a different CSR this time and this person suggested instead of using the thumb drive use the birds SD card with .bin file on it. Put the SD card in the bird and connect the bird to the controller via the USB cable that comes with the bird.

Turned the bird on and then the controller and got the light patterns as described in the upgrade instructions. Disconnected the cable and connected the iPad. Yippee! Now things operating as they should.

First flight a great success. Really love this bird compared to my 2+.

Reactions: Realtour Pro
i got my p3 from them as well! In stock super quick handling and shipping! got a free control holder too!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic