P3P : series of pixels on the smartphone

Reaction score
Hello,
Here is a year that I use without problem my P3P with a smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +.
But since I updated recently the firmware, I receive on my smartphone series of pixels sometimes very annoying while my photos and videos recorded in the SDCARD have no trace of these "noises".
My only doubt about what I could have done, thatmay be the cause, is that I upgraded the firmware from version 1.8 to 1.10 (impasse on 1.9).
But now the P3P does not want to go back: it refuses the downgrade of the firmware.
Do you have a suggestion?
Thank you.

I upgraded the firmware from version 1.8 to 1.10 (impasse on 1.9).
But now the P3P does not want to go back: it refuses the downgrade of the firmware.
Thank you.
In the release notes for 1.10, DJI has stated we can't downgrade from 1.10 once its installed. You'll find many posts about that from back when 1.10 was released.

That's via normal means, but unofficial methods for downgrading have emerged since then. For example, here is one if you havent already found it in your research:
Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

Of course, using any unofficial means to downgrade FW would be at your own risk.

Reactions: JoBe
Hello,
Here is a year that I use without problem my P3P with a smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +.
But since I updated recently the firmware, I receive on my smartphone series of pixels sometimes very annoying while my photos and videos recorded in the SDCARD have no trace of these "noises".
My only doubt about what I could have done, thatmay be the cause, is that I upgraded the firmware from version 1.8 to 1.10 (impasse on 1.9).
Thank you.

check what firmware you have on your RC also.
RC FW 1.8 caused a lot of pixilation and banding issues for many android users months back.
quick fix is to drop back to 1.6,,
but you will always get update message simply ignore it and fly.

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: Oso
I had an issue with RC FW 1.8 causing a lot of pixilation. Backed uff to FW 1.6 and all was well. I assumed you have changed the cable from RC to phone?

Thank you all!
I forgot to mention that:
- I use the latest version of DJI GO on a smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + (under Android)
- the installed firmware is: App: 3.1.1 │ Version: 1.10.90 │ Remote Controller: 1.8.0 │ Flight Controller SN: 03Z0395531.
I understand that I should have to degrade the RC from 1.8 to 1.6.
Thank you again, I'll try.

Instructions here on how to downgrade RC.

AC on. RC on. Start DJIGO.

To downgrade your RC hook up your tablet or phone to your Remote Control and open DJI GO. On the Home Page where you see the different Aircraft, place your finger on the icon in the upper right hand corner. In my case, the button was three little lines to open a menu. HOLD finger on this menu until a “Downgrade Firmware to:” appears. Hold the icon for 5 to 10 seconds. When you lift your finger off the screen, a menu will open and allow you to download and downgrade the firmware on the RC. I downgraded from 1.8 to 1.6 and got my video back the way it was. Kill updates in PLAYSTORE.

Thank you I just down graded mine. I have S7 edge and S2 pad and they were not working right. I pad Mini 2 was fine. Will fly tomorrow and see it this is a fix.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl