P3P screen not bright enough

Reaction score
Hi guys just took delivery of my p3p and all seems fine using the dji go app but when i turn my screen brightness up it makes no difference. how can i get a nice clear screen, i did notice when i had to put it on manual and turned the iso up from 0 it started to brighten up, but i dont want to mess with anything, anyone know what type of settings i should use for 4k video. cheers mike

Hi guys just took delivery of my p3p and all seems fine using the dji go app but when i turn my screen brightness up it makes no difference. how can i get a nice clear screen, i did notice when i had to put it on manual and turned the iso up from 0 it started to brighten up, but i dont want to mess with anything, anyone know what type of settings i should use for 4k video. cheers mike
When you say your screen brightness, do you mean the device you are running DJI Go app? What type of device are you using. Perhaps the device doesn't have enough brightness to compete with daylight. Playing with the ISO, Aperture, etc will only distort your photos/videos in the end if you don't know what you are doing. Fist start leaving everything in auto. Usually they turn up great.

When you say your screen brightness, do you mean the device you are running DJI Go app? What type of device are you using. Perhaps the device doesn't have enough brightness to compete with daylight. Playing with the ISO, Aperture, etc will only distort your photos/videos in the end if you don't know what you are doing. Fist start leaving everything in auto. Usually they turn up great.
yeah but when in auto my screen on my samsung galaxy s7 even though turned to full brightness its still pretty dark.

yeah but when in auto my screen on my samsung galaxy s7 even though turned to full brightness its still pretty dark.
Maybe check your EV values. It's common that people accidentally set it to a large negative number and then post that their screen (and pix and videos) are dark.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Have you taken the photos out of the drone? Do they look as dark on the PC? What I'm trying to tell you, if you have all your settings in auto, that your problem isn't the drone's camera, but rather your S7.

This is how my Galaxy Tab S4 looks like when flying

Have you taken the photos out of the drone? Do they look as dark on the PC? What I'm trying to tell you, if you have all your settings in auto, that your problem isn't the drone's camera, but rather your S7.

This is how my Galaxy Tab S4 looks like when flying

going to take it out for a test flight soon will see, cheers

i tried to put my samsung galaxy tab s to it, but found the screen would break up so ditched it for my mobile s7 wasnt getting screen break by that i mean image distortion.

Maybe check your EV values. It's common that people accidentally set it to a large negative number and then post that their screen (and pix and videos) are dark.
what should the EV be?
My suggestion would be to just set your EV to -0- until you learn more about the nuances. That way you can check out your new P3P without worrying about a dark screen. Later, once your comfortable, you can experiment with EV and other settings. :)

Note - second thread started on this topic located at link below. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj