Drone Master

DJI Tech And Advisor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi fellow pilots,
I just purchased another P3P and took it out for a couple of test flights. I was checking all the functions as I do with all my birds when brand new to be sure everything was in good order.
When I went to test the RTH, the button broke thru into the inside of the RC. I barely pushed it!
Because I am a dealer, I decided to see if I could make the repair myself. After opening, I found that almost every mounting point for the internal components were either cracked or broken.
I know that many of us have had problems with screws being over tightened and cracking the shell in different areas, however this looks to me as a bad batch of plastic from the factory.
Some of the pieces that came out from the shell of the RC just crumble in my hand.
So basically I have a Marraca for a remote. At this point I have decided to just close it up and send to DJI for a replacement.
Have any of you had this problem?, especially you pilots that have modded your remotes yourselves and have seen all the cracks and broken mounts within if any?
For me this is the worst I've ever seen. At least 6 mounting points are broken and this is a brand new RC and has never been dropped or anything. I can only hope the replacement is perfect.
What are your thoughts on this issue?

By the way, here is the model and serial number of this RC.
Model GL300B
Serial P81JCI09000498
I just wanted to provide that info so that you can compare the serials and possibly be aware of a batch issue with the RC shell.
I say just shake your remote and listen for something rattling around for the first symptom of this problem. If not, you should be good. If so, you might not want to press to hard on the power button or the RTH.

Last edited:
There have been several reports of cracked plastic in the RCs. The RTH button pushing all the way in is the most common report, but there have also been reports of the sticks breaking off internally as well as the antenna mounts.

Reactions: JoBe
I haven't seen anyone report this issue recently, but it was a popular topic several months ago.

I had that happen to me. I took it apart basically glued it in and it was fine. Now something just tonight is rattling around in it and my right stick is having issues. I'm so aggravated with it. I don't know how I'll fly until that is sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just took a harder look and it's like the home button issue. The right stick basically fell in a little. If I pull up on it it works fine. Otherwise it falls down a little and it jams up.

Just took a harder look and it's like the home button issue. The right stick basically fell in a little. If I pull up on it it works fine. Otherwise it falls down a little and it jams up.

Exact same thing on mine! I sent it in and they repaired it free. I got lucky I guess.

Reactions: JoBe
That's a good thing. But for the money we spend this shouldn't happen.

Well, I said "lucky" because it was a little over a year old. They did right by me, so I have no complaints.

That's a good thing. But for the money we spend this shouldn't happen.

Agreed!:cool: Remember this remote is less than a week old.

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
There have been several reports of cracked plastic in the RCs. The RTH button pushing all the way in is the most common report, but there have also been reports of the sticks breaking off internally as well as the antenna mounts.
Yes, I can see the issue with the stick mounts as there were 3 cracks and one broken mount for the sticks.

I haven't seen anyone report this issue recently, but it was a popular topic several months ago.
Hey msinger,, do you have some links in regards to those popular topics that you mentioned on this issue? I am curious to see if this is a return problem on this RC. Thanks, BB..

Hey msinger,, do you have some links in regards to those popular topics that you mentioned on this issue?
I do not. Search this forum and/or the DJI forums. You'll find a lot of posts about it.

So the sticks break off like the RTH button as well? I'm hoping I can just use the same method to repair it again. Or I'm just gonna order a gl300C or A off eBay. Haven't decided yet.

Back on topic here. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. I had the home button issue happen and I fixed it on my own. Now I'm have the same thing happen to the right stick is loose now and I don't know if I will have the same luck gluing it. Warranty repair is out of the question. Do I just buy another one off eBay? Will I have the same issue? Should I get another GL300B or go for an A or C I've heard mixed things about signal being reduced on the C.

Warranty repair is out of the question. Do I just buy another one off eBay? Will I have the same issue?
Attempting the fix would be the cheapest solution. I haven't seen new Phantom owners mention this issue recently, so I'm assuming DJI found the issue and corrected it. If you buy a new remote controller directly from DJI, you might have the best chance of getting the latest stock. If you choose to buy elsewhere though, DJI will certainly cover it under warranty if it breaks again.

Attempting the fix would be the cheapest solution. I haven't seen new Phantom owners mention this issue recently, so I'm assuming DJI found the issue and corrected it. If you buy a new remote controller directly from DJI, you might have the best chance of getting the latest stock. If you choose to buy elsewhere though, DJI will certainly cover it under warranty if it breaks again.

I your opinion would I lose anything or gain anything going with an A or C?

I haven't personally tested the remote controllers, but there are threads here that show the new remote controllers have a weaker signal. If you're not out to break a long distance record, then that will likely not matter to you.

I know, I know... I should go search out the threads and post them here for you ;)

Reactions: ullhan84

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.