I haven't personally tested the remote controllers, but there are threads here that show the new remote controllers have a weaker signal. If you're not out to break a long distance record, then that will likely not matter to you.

I know, I know... I should go search out the threads and post them here for you ;)

Thanks for the help. I've read them but lately I've been reading your the expert. That's why I asked.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi fellow pilots,
I just purchased another P3P and took it out for a couple of test flights. I was checking all the functions as I do with all my birds when brand new to be sure everything was in good order.
When I went to test the RTH, the button broke thru into the inside of the RC. I barely pushed it!
Because I am a dealer, I decided to see if I could make the repair myself. After opening, I found that almost every mounting point for the internal components were either cracked or broken.
I know that many of us have had problems with screws being over tightened and cracking the shell in different areas, however this looks to me as a bad batch of plastic from the factory.
Some of the pieces that came out from the shell of the RC just crumble in my hand.
So basically I have a Marraca for a remote. At this point I have decided to just close it up and send to DJI for a replacement.
Have any of you had this problem?, especially you pilots that have modded your remotes yourselves and have seen all the cracks and broken mounts within if any?
For me this is the worst I've ever seen. At least 6 mounting points are broken and this is a brand new RC and has never been dropped or anything. I can only hope the replacement is perfect.
What are your thoughts on this issue?
I was given a crashed P3P and when I finally got it open (cheap screws I had to drill out) I noticed every one of the 4 post holding the main board had sheared off from a 30 ft. fall. Almost every mount was sheared off. Myself I will stick with my P2V+ and buy something other than DJI in the future.

I was given a crashed P3P and when I finally got it open (cheap screws I had to drill out) I noticed every one of the 4 post holding the main board had sheared off from a 30 ft. fall. Almost every mount was sheared off. Myself I will stick with my P2V+ and buy something other than DJI in the future.

Yeah, but how's the remote?

Yeah, but how's the remote?
The remote is mint condition it was barely used when the lady crashed it. She has plenty of money so she bought another P3 Pro then a P4 and she is now looking at a Yubeec Typhoon Hex. She buys the nicest cases to keep them in hence the mint condition. She kept the charger.

The remote is mint condition it was barely used when the lady crashed it. She has plenty of money so she bought another P3 Pro then a P4 and she is now looking at a Yubeec Typhoon Hex. She buys the nicest cases to keep them in hence the mint condition. She kept the charger.
Give me an email and I will shoot you a picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31