P3P PLAYBACK ON 4K SONY SMART TV

Reaction score
Up until recently I have been able to play back video by just putting the micro sd card into a card reader attached to my Sony 4K TV. Out of the blue the TV stopped “seeing” the card/ reader so I reset the TV to factory default and when that didn’t make any difference I bought a new reader which also made no difference. I started to suspect the USB port on the TV but found that if I copy the video files from the SD to a USB stick they will play perfectly on the TV, I'm perplexed. Has anyone seen this issue?

Could be that your tv doesnt recognize sd cards or your tv has updated its firmware ,what memory size sd ? and what size is your usb stick . some older laptops, tv, dont see large sd cards such as 64gb. try a smaller sd card less than 32gb

The card is 64gb and the stick 8gb.

I'll try copying the 64gb card's contents onto a 32gb card and see if that makes any difference, but like I said the card(64gb) and reader have played ok previously?

Reactions: jaybee2786
Were there any recent firmware updates to your TV? Maybe something changed there?

Check the video format on the actual app. Go to settings and try to select a different format such as MOV, MP4, etc... That may be the issue

Hi, I think its down to the card size. I formatted two cards, a 32gb and a 64gb did back to back recordings on them with my p3p. The 32gb card plays back through the card reader fine the 64gb isn't seen at all by the TV. I noticed the 64gb card will only format as ex fat or NTFS whereas the 32gb card formats in fat 32 so could that be something to do with it?

Like I said before something has changed either with the TV or the drone to cause the 64gb card to no longer play on the TV. There are ways round it but it cheeses me off when manufactures update things and cause needless hasle:mad:

I think it will be your tv it may have done a firmware update, many electronics dont see 64gb memory cards

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl