P3P pictures "fuzzy"

Reaction score
So I seem to be having an issue with my P3P in that the video is nice and crisp but the still photos are definitely not and feel a bit on the fuzzy side of things. I am having to go back in and edit each photo I use and adjust the sharpness which is irritating having to do each time. I am not sure if it is my camera settings or not. The attached photos were shot with the "auto" camera settings. One picture is the original right off the SD card, the other with sharpness only adjusted. I'm not sure if the difference in sharpness in the photos will show up on the forum but i can see it in person. :)
Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it?
House Original.JPG
House Sharpened.jpg

I've seen several threads with this same topic, but I don't recall any particular root cause fix other than settings, monitor resolution, or the P3 camera is just better at video. (Just noting what I recall others had posted in response)

Here's one of the threads from a quick search. It has a link to another of the threads. Maybe it will help lead you to something useful. Good luck sir.

Before I ship it back...

Those wavy lines are called "moire". What is Moiré? <<< Click

Also, it looks that there is a lot of noise in the pic.

Please share your still camera settings. You might have sharpness set too high. My still shots do not look like that.

Edit: When I first saw your pics, I saw the moire effect. Just revisited the thread and I don't see it anymore...weird. Also, all the noise is gone. Did you change the pics?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Same problem here. I stopped using still photos and just take 1080P screen grabs of the video. 4K would be even better, but my hardware is lacking right now. They are much sharper and are excellent. You can choose from any of the 30 frames a second so you never miss the perfect timing of any situation you are capturing. Plus, your video isn't broken up in to a bunch of smaller files.

SD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers