P3P out of focus defect - no more!

And thanks to @2nd2non for bringing this issue to my attention. I mostly shoot video so I may not have even noticed a soft focus problem before the warranty expired if you had not brought it up.
Very similar to you, I mainly only shoot videos. I noticed it when I couldn't sharpen it enough in post. At first I thought it was due to travel speed vs shutter with ND filter, but then saw it was present while shooting stationary videos.

I noticed it when I couldn't sharpen it enough in post.
I found the error when I noticed I needed to use maximum sharp in Photoshop for all pictures. In the videos, I did not notice. When I had my P2V+, I rarely used the sharp slider.

Just finished testing and it appears my P3P is way out of focus. This was shot with camera sharpness set to -2, ISO 100, 1/280 sec exposure, raw format saved straight out of Photoshop (no adjustments) as a jpeg. This is a 50% center crop at 100% resolution. All other stills taken were equally as soft (to rule out camera shake). Like so many others seeing this problem, I bought during Black Friday sales.

What do you guys think? Make 'em fix it?

Attachments

• DJI_0031c.jpg
    DJI_0031c.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 388
I bought during Black Friday sales.
Interesting that I bought it during black Friday too. My camera serial is P78DCJ13061760 just in case we make some correlation.

Mine is P76DCK13A21xxx so maybe no correlation?

Just got off the phone with DJI and they're telling me to expect focus issues if the camera is "cold". What? It was probably 45f when that picture was taken. Sending them the photo now.

So does it look soft to you?

Last edited:
Mine is P76DCK13A21158 so maybe no correlation?

Just got off the phone with DJI and they're telling me to expect focus issues if the camera is "cold". What? It was probably 45f when that picture was taken. Sending them the photo now.

So does it look soft to you?
You need new camera. I had same problem, replaced device from dealer.

I just got my Pro back from DJI California for a focus issue. They replaced the camera and the result is astounding... and outstanding.

I just got my Pro back from DJI California for a focus issue. They replaced the camera and the result is astounding... and outstanding.
I just got mine. They replaced the camera. It is better, my assessment reaffirms: the videos are great but the stills are only good. The only way to get a decent picture is by Photoshopping a raw file. BTW, the service of DJI has improved substantially, from 6 weeks in the past to 2 weeks now.

I just got mine. They replaced the camera. It is better, my assessment reaffirms: the videos are great but the stills are only good. The only way to get a decent picture is by Photoshopping a raw file. BTW, the service of DJI has improved substantially, from 6 weeks in the past to 2 weeks now.
From the time I shipped mine until the day it was delivered was only 11 days, that is great turn around time if you ask me. All the solo promoting videos were touting amazing customer service and constantly bashing DJI's service, well now DJI has amazing service and Solo is reportedly awful, not even responding to emails.

Reactions: 2nd2non

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT