P3P lost during litchi waypiont mission!

Gmonatl... that is place where I searched drone and no succes in that... it is very densed bush area with no high trees...

Gmonatl... that is place where I searched drone and no succes in that... it is very densed bush area with no high trees...
When I lost my P2V a couple of years ago, a hiker found it half a year later and reported that the battery was still on! So I would suggest that as you walk near the suspected location, have your transmitter with you and try to make the aircraft do something to make noise, blink lights, or send you a photo which would contain the current coordinates. Does the P3 have a feature for sending its location? If yoi find it, next time attach a gps unit with a SIM card to it. You can get a working one for about USD 20! By the way my experience after having lost drones several times is that a random person always finds it in about half a year! It may require repair after having weathered for that long, however.

Pocatello... it is so weird that those drones don't have those gps unit that work for themselvs... and I didnt think in advance that those low cost gps could save drone in those situations.

That mission profile was flawed - take another look at the waypoint elevations. If you plot the 3-D profile on GE, you will find that you flew it into the ground not long after it lost downlink. Yellow is the profile, red is the recorded flight track, and green is the recorded ground track.

View attachment 97794
Sar104... how did you get that 3d map with flawed mission?
Andwhat do you think why the mission flawed in the first place?? Because of the editing on mobile right before take off?

Well, each drone has a gps that can normally communicate directly with the transmitter, which really acts as a receiver in this application. However, it is also nice to have an extra gps that communicates with mobile phone towers, because if the drone is out of transmitter range but is in mobile phone tower range, then you can ask for the drone’s coordinates! However, in your case at present you have no extra gps, and so I am suggesting that you walk near where the drone might be and try to connect with it with your transmitter — chances are that your drone still has power. Good luck!

Sar104... how did you get that 3d map with flawed mission?
Andwhat do you think why the mission flawed in the first place?? Because of the editing on mobile right before take off?

Litchi exports a 3-D mission KML file that you can open in Google Earth. As for why the altitude profile was wrong - I have no idea. A common problem seen in other cases like this, however, is that the operator forgets that the waypoint altitudes are relative to the takeoff point (unless the above ground option is chosen) and fails to take into account the change in ground elevation.

@dblagic Your question to Sar104 answered above. His 3D .kml was taken from your mission plan. The one's I posted were taken from your actual flight, though I did not go in great detail the elevation profile as that was prior to you providing the mission link.

Your mission waypoint path seems to take your drone well beyond VLOS. Did you have spotters along the way? Just because Litchi lets you plan long range missions does not mean you hit the launch button and forget about any responsibility for your drone. Over and over again, lost drones have resulted in pilots who feel the VLOS guideline does not apply to me. Fortunately the damage here was only a loss of an expensive drone.

it feels like every time someone loses a drone while using litchi that its user error and the pilot does not account for altitude correctly. i dont use it myself, but i've read so many threads here that all seem to end with that as the problem after someone looks at the logs. so many people smarter than me run their drones into the ground that it makes me scared to ever try waypoints.

I don't have saved edited mission from mobile... and I'm sure that hights was good because I have checked them after edit and before take off.
Theory that drone flawed is true because it was seen at 7m hight and he should be on 30m hight.
I dont understand what happen with the app... was the editing on mobile reason for flawed mission... and for signal lost reason are those massive power cables?
Btw thank you guys for help...
I spent two days searching for drone in that wood... ;) unsuccesfuly...
sorry for your loss.. hope you'll be able to find it :)

it feels like every time someone loses a drone while using litchi that its user error and the pilot does not account for altitude correctly. i dont use it myself, but i've read so many threads here that all seem to end with that as the problem after someone looks at the logs. so many people smarter than me run their drones into the ground that it makes me scared to ever try waypoints.
I use Litchi exclusively, flying between 4.8 miles and 5.1 miles per round trip, and yes, I can see how incorrect altitude settings could be entered, and then missed during final checks before a flight. I was amazed to see that Litchi permits the entry of NEGATIVE altitudes, whereby that tiny negative sign might easily be overlooked, with the result that the drone would simply dive into the ground when erroneously instructed to head for a negative altitude.

I cannot fathom why any person planning a Litchi flight would even want to select an altitude as low as say 50 feet, talk less of MINUS fifty feet, but there you have it. For my Litchi missions, I generally launch a couple of test flights at a nice safe altitude of 200 feet AGL, and then study the footage to mark all tall trees or other obstructions, before then going back to lower the altitude incrementally, while re-routing the flight path around any obstacles that rise above the progressively decreasing altitude in subsequent flights. With this method I have logged well over 100 miles cumulatively, in fully autonomous Litchi flights well beyond signal range. I do NOT reside anywhere near FAA controlled airspace, by the way.

What if you wanted to take off from a high elevation and descend into a canyon?

Very good point, BigL. Now I understand why Litchi makes negative altitudes available. This scenario never crossed my mind, as I reside in completely flat country where neither mountains nor valleys are a consideration.

@JoBe - Mostly what I have seen are people who don’t account for ground elevation changes. They are then surprised when their drone runs into a tree.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z