P3P just delivered - W323 not A

Reaction score
Amazon just delivered my P3P and the model stickers show W323 not W323A and the picture on the front shows the old motors.

Should I send it back or open it and fly it?

My first phantom...

Thanks Scott... reading the campaign for replacement shells thread has me quite worried!

Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells | Page 5 | DJI Phantom Forum
It seems to be a very small percentage of P3's that are reporting issues. Just take the necessary precautions such as strong arm kit or plain old cable ties. Also dial down the braking so it does not grab as hard. And go get flying. Any legitimate problems are covered by warranty. ..

It seems to be a very small percentage of P3's that are reporting issues. Just take the necessary precautions such as strong arm kit or plain old cable ties. Also dial down the braking so it does not grab as hard. And go get flying. Any legitimate problems are covered by warranty. ..

Thanks - I was just worried as I'm about to go for my CAA permissions which talk about grounding any aircraft that you have safety concerns about, plus should I really have to add extra items to a brand new piece of kit to make sure it's safe!

Thanks - I was just worried as I'm about to go for my CAA permissions which talk about grounding any aircraft that you have safety concerns about, plus should I really have to add extra items to a brand new piece of kit to make sure it's safe!

I haven't added any quick fixes or band aids to mine and don't plan to. It's easy to get caught up in all the hype and hoopla and worry here but don't forget the thousands and the LARGE majority who fly without issues who don't bother reporting the boring non issues. Treat it with respect and care, fly with caution and you will love it....

Reactions: cocoamedia
Open it up! Get out there and have fun with it. Often you don't hear about all the good news. I ordered mine as soon as they came out. I've logged over 45 hours and over 400km. I tipped it over once on startup and another time it got sucked into a pine tree. Both times I had no problems. Having said that, I'm sure that if I did have cracks or other issues I would do whatever it takes to get the problem sorted out.

Got new P3P from B&H last week (they move lots of stock, doubt this one was "old" stock).
It does not have cross-bracing under motors, the motors are the "old" style motor, FW was 1.1.9+ on both the bird and the controller. Controller was the "A" model. Picture on box showed bird with "old" style motors.
It flies perfectly directly out of the box (after compass cal).
I am not worried that it doesn't have newer type motors or that I have a defective shell.
When I placed the order with B&H the rep assured me that they would ship the latest P3P from DJI as they get new stock frequently.
Will upgrade firmware soon, but not just yet.

Why are you worried about a photo on a box??

They have 1000s of boxes ready to ship Phantoms in. It will take time before they change the photo.

Mark.

Toddzilla"s not worried ! I'm happy with the "old" motors/shell/controller/box...

Thanks for all your responses... I opened it up over the weekend... it does have the 'old' motors etc.

As per your great advice I'm just goind to 'wind my neck in' (a british expression) and get on and enjoy it!

Reactions: Scott7161

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic