P3P / DJI Go with iPad Mini 6 (2021)

Reaction score
I recently bought an iPad Mini 6 - not specifically to use with the drone, but I thought it would be an added bonus having the larger screen (as currently I use my iPhone XR for this).

I have a spare USB-A to USB-C cable so connected that to the RC and iPad, but the DJI Go app never sees the iPad. I did see this thread which suggests P4 V2's will work with the Mini 6, but V1 P4's won't. If that's the case, I'm guessing I've no chance with my P3, and will just have to stick with using the iPhone or buying an older tablet?

thanks
Danny

I recently bought an iPad Mini 6 - not specifically to use with the drone, but I thought it would be an added bonus having the larger screen (as currently I use my iPhone XR for this).

I have a spare USB-A to USB-C cable so connected that to the RC and iPad, but the DJI Go app never sees the iPad. I did see this thread which suggests P4 V2's will work with the Mini 6, but V1 P4's won't. If that's the case, I'm guessing I've no chance with my P3, and will just have to stick with using the iPhone or buying an older tablet?

thanks
Danny
Like BigL said, The older iPad mini 2 is great for the P3P. i got mine on eBay for like $55 shipped.

Now i can use my IPAD Mini 6 with the Phantom 4 pro.

Use a USB-C to USB-C cable then use a USB-C to USB-A Adapter.

If anyone is in doubt don't be it works great.

I know this one works so don't try to save a couple bucks just get this one.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: ArtCox
Hi there,
looking for upgrading my mini 4 to mini 6. Does the solution provided with the adapter work good? Is it stable?
I use P4P v1 for mapping and I need it to be stable.

Hi Folks,

is the connection issue solved out with this adapter? Mine is not connecting either....ipad pro is working even iphone se with dame cable and app version. Only ipad mini 6 not....

I used mine today to fly a mission with dronedeploy.
As usual.you have to start go4 app connect then close it. Then I open dronedeploy.

Anyone have any recent experience with this?? Trying to get a phantom 4 (non pro) to work with an ipad mini 6.... Wondering if this adapter will fix my problem.... I think we are at IOS 16 now

TIA

Anyone have any recent experience with this?? Trying to get a phantom 4 (non pro) to work with an ipad mini 6.... Wondering if this adapter will fix my problem.... I think we are at IOS 16 now

TIA
For my Phantom 4 (non Pro) I use the DJI Go 4 app. works great on my iPad 6.

Huh? really?? What IOS version? Is it a mini (with the usb c connector)? All I can find on the internet is how the controller wont connect to the ipad...

Huh? really?? What IOS version? Is it a mini (with the usb c connector)? All I can find on the internet is how the controller wont connect to the ipad...
Not a type c connector. I have a 12" USB to lighting cable.

So then you can't have an ipad mini 6th gen... Those have USB C connectors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj