P3P disconnects from app frequently

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if using the pilot app or the Litchi app it my P3P will disconnect.
Sometimes I can get a few flights in before it crashes.
(I always have control with the controller)
anyway to check the log file and see what it could be?
I tried reinstalling the newest firmware.
Once it starts happening Im done. no matter what I do it will continue with the disconnects.
Only way I can get it to work ok for a while is to wait with everything off and restart.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Terry

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Try another USB cable, You most likely have a flaky USB cable.

Is it just going black and white, and connecting again? Or is it rebooting your device?

mine did the same thing Disconect in red.
than i up loaded the app before this last one.
everything works fine now no Disconects.

mine did the same thing Disconect in red.
than i up loaded the app before this last one.
everything works fine now no Disconects.
Mine has been doing this for a month or more. I've used pilot all and Litchi. I've tried reflashing the firmware. I will try another usb cable this evening.

I agree: cable. I had the same issue in the spring with my P3P and Samsung S5 phone. That phone has a non-standard USB port, which oddly accepts regular cables in part of the port. The DJI cable was simply loose. So I got a Belkin cable with the large S5 male end, providing a snug fit -- and the disconnects stopped!

It doesn't matter if using the pilot app or the Litchi app it my P3P will disconnect.
Sometimes I can get a few flights in before it crashes.
(I always have control with the controller)
anyway to check the log file and see what it could be?
I tried reinstalling the newest firmware.
Once it starts happening Im done. no matter what I do it will continue with the disconnects.
Only way I can get it to work ok for a while is to wait with everything off and restart.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Terry

What kind of tablet?

It says Disconnected at the top in red

The good thing is, you are not the only person that has this problem. The bad thing is, it could be one of many possible causes. The first thing I would try without the motors on, it to start record on video and move the cable around. Then go to each connector and move the plug itself around. Then stop record and power down everything, remove card and transfer video pr watch playback right from the card. If you see any disturbance during playback, or if did manage a disconnect then you know. After this I would repeat the same type of process on the gimbal.

Try re-linking the controller... I had some disconnect issues and doing this seemed to help. I'll admit, I don't know what the reason would be for it working... But I have not had the problem since.

Try re-linking the controller... I had some disconnect issues and doing this seemed to help. I'll admit, I don't know what the reason would be for it working... But I have not had the problem since.
The controller stays connected its the display

Oh so it's a lost signal vs. a disconnected... Those are two different things

Notification at top center of display says "DISCONNECTED" in bright RED

Ok then try re-linking.... I'm telling you I had the same exact problem and doing the re link procedure made it go away. I realize your cable is still connected... Just give it a try... It can't hurt

Reactions: Skipholiday
I had the same Issue while using the Pilot App with my Galaxy S5. I started putting my phone on "airplane mode" before flights thinking that my phone was being interrupted when other apps were trying to receive background information. It did seem to fix the problem for me as it hasn't happened since i started doing that. I don't ever use tablets though so I'm not sure if there is an equivalent fix.

Reactions: Skipholiday
I had my first crash the other day because my cable did the same thing at the end of a flight. Screen went black and disconnected until a guy picked up my phantom and then wanted me to pay him to give it back. I have since thrown this cable away and repairs are costing me about 200$. Just marking it up as my bad. The cord was pretty new and I do hope it does not happen again. But I can't blame hardware or software. DJI IS AMAZING. I love the phantom hope one day can have an Inspire. Thanks customer service and the repair shop for always helping out and doing what they do. CHEERS.

I agree: cable. I had the same issue in the spring with my P3P and Samsung S5 phone. That phone has a non-standard USB port, which oddly accepts regular cables in part of the port. The DJI cable was simply loose. So I got a Belkin cable with the large S5 male end, providing a snug fit -- and the disconnects stopped!
Can you share a link?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.