p3p dark video

Reaction score
ok guys so got this second hand p3p today and while i was just setting it up just just my samsung s7 noticed the live view was really dark even with the brightness full up on my s7 or samsung galaxy tab s both dark where as on the phantom 3 standard really bright.. so is something wrong there?. now if i put it to manual and adjust the iso etc the screen goes really bright but the colours not so nice, its just that while the drone is in the air say 60m high and it was a lovely sunny day i can hardly see anything on my phone screen even with full brightness on. any suggestion, ill see if i can post a vid now..the phantom 3 standard was great the vid were crystal clear..

It appears i have no idea how to post the video i took earlier i would like to post it

ok guys so got this second hand p3p today and while i was just setting it up just just my samsung s7 noticed the live view was really dark even with the brightness full up on my s7 or samsung galaxy tab s both dark where as on the phantom 3 standard really bright.. so is something wrong there?. now if i put it to manual and adjust the iso etc the screen goes really bright but the colours not so nice, its just that while the drone is in the air say 60m high and it was a lovely sunny day i can hardly see anything on my phone screen even with full brightness on. any suggestion, ill see if i can post a vid now..the phantom 3 standard was great the vid were crystal clear..

It appears i have no idea how to post the video i took earlier i would like to post it
Did you have any luck trying the EV setting as noted in your other thread?

Reactions: JoBe
Did you have any luck trying the EV setting as noted in your other thread?

it woudnt allow me to do anything with the ev?. i could adjust the iso but only to a max of 100 and i put 50 for shutter speed as im capturing 4k in 25fps but the ev would allow me any options.

here is a vid

How about a screen shot of your device screen so that we can see the settings - especially the EV setting which as you know I suspect is negative since we have seen many people do the same here on the forum. Hopefully it's something that easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
dont know what happened but after i cleaned the lens and put in back garden and put it back on auto the screen seemed better. then flew it over head around suberbia and the live video and screen brightness suddenly got just like the phantom 3 standard, so all well and good now.

Firstly let get this straight out.
Is the picture from the camera dark, or is it dark in general, without connection to the controller?
If the first you just turn the cam settings to auto as it was said.
Check if the front glass of the cam is dark. May be on some filter?
If the second - then the screen of your phone isn't bright enough.
How is inside, or is it only outside on the bright sun?
Cheers.

Firstly let get this straight out.
Is the picture from the camera dark, or is it dark in general, without connection to the controller?
If the first you just turn the cam settings to auto as it was said.
Check if the front glass of the cam is dark. May be on some filter?
If the second - then the screen of your phone isn't bright enough.
How is inside, or is it only outside on the bright sun?
Cheers.

Sorted now andy9 thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj