P3P charger problem (SOLVED)

Reaction score
Well I received my P3P yesterday, charge the battery for the first time, did all firmware update for v01.01.0009. Except today it wont charge up anything anymore LOL. Battery is cold from last night not charging, tx is not charging as well. Definitely a broken charger. A maiden flight is still a sweet sweet dream :). Feeling so down now.

My charger did this also. It is very weird. Try plugging in charger first, then plugging onto battery, and then wait about 10 seconds for it to start charging.

I ve been waiting forever LOL. Just let me try again to see if there is any positive outcome :)

It is still not working, first battery charge battery last night was still okay. Maybe I should see the shop I purchased from tomorrow

The guy with the lemon mentioned that the cord from the brick to the wall was bad, so he just found a replacement cord at BestBuy and it worked.

Do you have multi-meter? did you check to see if the charger is putting out anything?

I had the exact same issue out of box.

My wall end cord was bad/ dead.

These are common cords. I bought a replacement from best buy to get me going and it works fine now. There are two similar at best buy, you need the non polarized one. The plugs are slightly different between polarized and non polarized. These look a hell of a lot alike to older laptop wall end cords if you have one laying around

I will add mine is a P3A, don't know if they are different.

Now if my other issues would be worked out :(

It might start if you turn the battery on in the normal way after connecting.

If you do this, do not have both the battery and controller connected.

I did this trying to get it to work out of the box, it seemed to be working, however the battery was supplying power to the controller and making it look like they were charging, but they were in fact just feeding off each other.

Honestly if its not working, you like have a bad power cord. The prong going into the converter(?) are pretty cheap. This $8 one I bought was much higher quality and extended throughout the plug

If you do this, do not have both the battery and controller connected.

I did this trying to get it to work out of the box, it seemed to be working, however the battery was supplying power to the controller and making it look like they were charging, but they were in fact just feeding off each other.

Honestly if its not working, you like have a bad power cord. The prong going into the converter(?) are pretty cheap. This $8 one I bought was much higher quality and extended throughout the plug

If the battery has 95% or better charge the charger will not charge it. You must turn the battery on then hook it up to the charger to top it off.

Thanks for all of your advices, I appreciate that. The battery is at 50% mark and I am intending to do a battery condition first so I thought I would give it a charge at a few first 50% cycles. I would try to talk with my dealer tomorrow to see if he has any idea about giving me a new charger/ buy a new wall end cord

Do you have multi-meter? did you check to see if the charger is putting out anything?
I don't have one to check but I would check with the dealer tomorrow, if I am gonna have to wait 2 3 weeks for a new charger, I will definitely figure out how to fix it myself :)

I had the exact same issue out of box.

My wall end cord was bad/ dead.

These are common cords. I bought a replacement from best buy to get me going and it works fine now. There are two similar at best buy, you need the non polarized one. The plugs are slightly different between polarized and non polarized. These look a hell of a lot alike to older laptop wall end cords if you have one laying around

I will add mine is a P3A, don't know if they are different.

Now if my other issues would be worked out :(
What are your other issues? Have you solved them yet?
I ran to the living room and figured out the prong of my PS4 is pretty similar to P3P charger prong so I have swapped it and gave it a try. Still it did not work but my prong end on the charger was still working and it powered on the PS4. The converter on the charger is broken 100%. Now it is very easy to do an exchange for the charger as I have got it only yesterday, however my main concern is that the exact time frame DJI could come up with for my problem. As I have seen a lot of guys used to run into problems which caused DJI "a couple of months" to solve them. Anyway I am hoping for the best tomorrow, finger crossing for a new charger in a week time maybe :)

Im having errors come up about needing an update and a video decoder error or something or another. Idk what the deal is. Thing runs and flys perfect. Had the latest update. Actually needs the new one now so hopefully that will fix my issues when I update, but usually my luck isn't that good.

Check my lemon thread for full details. I guess lemon isn't the right word since it is in reality working well, but the warnings are concerning to say the least

My wall end cord was just dead. You maybe able to check to see if the other side works by hooking up both the battery and controller and turning them on. Doing that seems to make them charge each other. That's how I figured out it was my wall end side bad and then confirmed it by purchasing a nonpolarized cable. That solved my charging problem.

Now if the converter(? not sure this is proper terminology) side is bad, I wouldn't risk trying to use something else.

So sorry to hear things didnt work out so well for your P3A, dont worry you would get them fixed sooner or later, be positive. Don't keep thing about it too much it will drive you crazy :) The hype for me is still there somehow but I have managed to not think about flying it a lot. When I first had my P2V+, I was so excited that I crashed the whole thing 3 days later, costed me a new camera gimbal, an ESC and new replacement shell. A bit more money for parts but I cannot afford more money so I have learned to do everything myself. All problems were solved for my past P2V+. Please don't lose hope, you would eventually solve all of your problems :)

Itll work out.

It flies fine so really Im not too concerned. The errors don't seem to have any real effect on the aircraft which makes me wonder if its a false positive kinda thing, maybe some sort of diagnostic sensor is bad. Who knows.

Worst comes to worst when the new wears off Ill send it in for it to be fixed. But so far Ive used it everyday after work, hell I even used it before work for about 10 minutes to take some pictures of a bridge I cross every day.

It would be super nice if the new update solves my issues. But I wont hold my breathe.

You should do the .09 update, hope its gonna solve all problems with lightbridge.
No worries man. I just took the charger to my local dealer at the moment and he said I would definitely need a new one. Now I am waiting a call from him, should be on Monday.

I did the update but both the update warning and decoder warning remain. Go figure lol

The lightbridge shall be slained in your unit :) anyway, I did a test flight with my Phantom 3 and its heaps heaps better than my previous Vision +, gotta love dual GPS system. And I tell you what, I could only fly for 2 minutes thanks to the charger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues