P3P attempted flyaway, lost control, need help

I was in a big field but I think there were power lines maybe .5-.75 miles east of me. I tried to stay away from them.
High voltage powerlines have an effect but it doesn't extend half a mile.
I recently had to fly along one and at this distance (and a little closer) there was no effect:
Any effect would be on the compass, not battery or propulsion system.
i-fCm7SWD-XL.png

So on 2/04/17 I was enjoying a nice beautiful day flying my p3s. I was confident in my drone and not worried about losing it. But a few minutes in to my flight and about 1500 ft away and 500 ft up my rc lost signal and it decided to start landing. I clicked cancel multiple times as the warning sign would keep popping back up. I then started to run towards it but lost it in the horizon of small buildings.
I searched and searched but no luck.
I contacted dji and told them what happened, they then asked me for my flight record to analyze.
After just 2 days of waiting I received an email telling me it was a warranty issue and the cause was my rc. So the final result is they will be repairing my remote and returning it with a free p3s aircraft.
So I can say I am a very satisfied customer and will keep flying with dji drones.
So if your going thru what I am don't worry as long as it wasn't user error :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj