P3P at night video test

Yes you Can. You can put any half decent point & shoot on a gimble on the cheapest of Phantoms with an Itelite antenna and still get all of the above with much nicer night shots than this one, whit much less money.
No you can't .. if you want to troll you need to be sure of what you are talking about.
For $1200 you'll get a decent point & shoot .. and have $600 left to buy a drone and gimbal.
You can't lift a decent point & shoot and gimbal with a Phantom or we'd all be doing it already.
Show me an easily affordable quad that can carry an RX100 (and proper gimbal) and fly as long and as far as the P3 for under $2000 and I'll jump on it.
The P3 is amazing value and unchallenged for price and features.
How can someone call this a good night video?
This is for you a GREAT result on a night video?
No-one put this video up as an example of exemplary video making.
It was put up as an early trial flight by a new owner, keen to show off the camera's abilities.
Anyone that's tried their P2V+ in low light conditions can see that the P3 camera has the ability to make great night video.
I can get better quality at night with my iphone!
Your Iphone flies too? Then you definitely don't need to get a P3.

Last edited:
No you can't .. if you want to troll you need to be sure of what you are talking about.
For $1200 you'll get a decent point & shoot .. and have $600 left to buy a drone and gimbal.
You can't lift a decent point & shoot and gimbal with a Phantom or we'd all be doing it already.
Show me an easily affordable quad that can carry an RX100 (and proper gimbal) and fly as long and as far as the P3 for under $2000 and I'll jump on it.
The P3 is amazing value and unchallenged for price and features.

No-one put this video up as an example of exemplary video making.
It was put up as an early trial flight by a new owner, keen to show off the camera's abilities.
Anyone that's tried their P2V+ in low light conditions can see that the P3 camera has the ability to make great night video.

Your Iphone flies too? Then you definitely don't need to get a P3.

Well first of all, I was talking about an half decent P&S. any 200$ buys you a camera with better night capability than the P3. so.. you still got 1000$ for a drone and a 150$ gimbal? It's clearly doable.
About the video, noone is blaming AeroSpilberg. We are all talking about night quality, right? And it sucks.
compared to P2V+ its great? good.. But it still sucks for a 1200$ camera.
I've tried a P2V+ in low light conditions, and I would never say (as no videographer would) that "P3 camera has the ability to make great night video." It does not. It just craps a little less.
My iphone flys, and stabelizes in a gimble. still, not very good reception for calls up there.

I understand the P3 fanboys attack.But this post is about NIGHT video with the P3. and the truth is it sucks. It sucks less than the P2V+? true. as "pulling a tooth sucks less than army torture". bit it still aint great, right?
And taking in consideration they have a P3 called "Professional", No real professional would ever use night shots taken with the P3.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
So I wanted to get a night video and see how it did, here'e the results. It is in 4k and I don't know if me changing the settings before I took off, if that is strictly for the camera or for video as well but I changed the ISO to 1600
Look at the horizon off, do a calibration may fix it.

This thread has made up my mind about my soon-to-be-received P3P! First thing I'm going to do is go shoot some night video!

And obviously you would know that Mac "spielberg" Soft

Simple: show me a professional video where they used a nightshot with a P3, other that DJI promo video :)
uhhh burn!
Don't be pissed by the truth. the P3 is still a great aerial video making machine.
But a night video recording camera it is not. even if you fit "Professional" on the models name. It reminds me all those chinese car accessories with the word "Racing" on them :)

For me, if I wanted night video I would buy a setup made for it - a $8000 (or however much it would cost) drone that could support my SLR on a professional gimbal, but I'm willing to accept the P3P for what it is, and use it accordingly...just my thought....

For me, if I wanted night video I would buy a setup made for it - a $8000 (or however much it would cost) drone that could support my SLR on a professional gimbal, but I'm willing to accept the P3P for what it is, and use it accordingly...just my thought....
Exactly my point, thank you :)

But rest assured, I will be taking night video, and certainly beach sunsets at the lowest ISO I can get, and I won't be upset with the results...because I know what to expect. Point is, I didn't even try with the P2V+...

Reactions: bbfpv
Simple: show me a professional video where they used a nightshot with a P3, other that DJI promo video :)
uhhh burn!
Don't be pissed by the truth. the P3 is still a great aerial video making machine.
But a night video recording camera it is not. even if you fit "Professional" on the models name. It reminds me all those chinese car accessories with the word "Racing" on them :)

I don't understand what you are trying to point out other than the obvious, the Phantom to a lot of the general public would be classed as a toy, it is a consumer grade piece of kit and you are right, that by sticking the word "professional" on it doesn't make it professional its just how dji differentiate between the 2 models, but we all know that because we are adults and would apply a bit of common sense, so what is your point?

But rest assured, I will be taking night video, and certainly beach sunsets at the lowest ISO I can get, and I won't be upset with the results...because I know what to expect. Point is, I didn't even try with the P2V+...
A wise man indeed.
I was talking to the other folks who would do that AND called it "great night video"

I don't understand what you are trying to point out other than the obvious, the Phantom to a lot of the general public would be classed as a toy, it is a consumer grade piece of kit and you are right, that by sticking the word "professional" on it doesn't make it professional its just how dji differentiate between the 2 models, but we all know that because we are adults and would apply a bit of common sense, so what is your point?
I thought I made it clear on my first post: the P3 does NOT take great night videos.
clear enough?

I thought I made it clear on my first post: the P3 does NOT take great night videos.
clear enough?

No you haven't made it clear..... compared to a professional set up costing thousands obviously not.... compared to the V+ it does. As I stated before what is your point other than to state the obvious.... which to be honest is just getting boring.

No you haven't made it clear..... compared to a professional set up costing thousands obviously not.... compared to the V+ it does. As I stated before what is your point other than to state the obvious.... which to be honest is just getting boring.
Nope, I was comparing to the image on a Half decent P&S actually.

I see someone didnt get laid...
I had to once @Chris S, he is probably butt hurt cause he doesn't have his drone yet. I'm done with him
I guess "sure I got laid, ask your mom" would be an appropriate response to that kind of comment, but I really don't believe in feeding trolls.

What!!.... people on a forum specifically for phantom 3's being fans of them.... that is ridiculous!... ;)
But.. Can't you be a fan and not be blind? I know I am. I love my Phantom, but I do know its limitations. A great night video machine it is not. And that is all I've said in my posts, sorry to have touched a sore.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31