P3A with HDMI Box Goggles Compatability

Mybud is not a great goggle but I don't mind it using it as it costed only $199.

It's problem is that it doesn't have eye to eye distance adjustment and focus adjustment provision.

Mybud is not a great goggle but I don't mind it using it as it costed only $199.

It's problem is that it doesn't have eye to eye distance adjustment and focus adjustment provision.
Well, it should be a good alternative to the Headplay, when seeing both the FPV and the tablet at the same time is important. Map on the tablet full screen and FPV on the MyBud, and in direct sunlight, any view is better than no view! I have been using a black cloth over my head to see the Air2 screen, like an old fashioned photographer trying to focus on the image on the ground glass! Might as well be using the Headplay! Just looks like an alien in public!

Are there different "versions" of the MyBud setup? I'm looking for a set in the $200 range but the first few I clicked on from google search were over $300 and going up from there. Maybe I missed something (wouldn't be the first time LOL) but I'd like to check out precisely what others are using that "works".

Are there different "versions" of the MyBud setup? I'm looking for a set in the $200 range but the first few I clicked on from google search were over $300 and going up from there. Maybe I missed something (wouldn't be the first time LOL) but I'd like to check out precisely what others are using that "works".
There is only one version. Search on eBay first.

Reactions: BigAl07

Thank you. I was surprised the huge price difference in seemingly the same model glasses. From $190 up to over $300 which made me think I had totally missed the boat somewhere along the way LOL!

Alok thanks for the advice and input.

Maybe retrofit the screens into a VR viewer with a comfortable face gasket that has the eye adjustments? In the process you may be able to add slightly more magnification for a larger display and wider FOV? You would be replacing the Google VR lenses ofr course since they are made for a different kind of viewing. I used 6+ diopter reading glasses.

Maybe retrofit the screens into a VR viewer with a comfortable face gasket that has the eye adjustments? In the process you may be able to add slightly more magnification for a larger display and wider FOV? You would be replacing the Google VR lenses ofr course since they are made for a different kind of viewing. I used 6+ diopter reading glasses.
Good thing about Mybud has that it works for 2D as well 3D with various HDMI formats and the resolution with two individual screens together in 2D mode is pretty good.

I will try to look for other lens solutions. Thx

Maybe just change the lenses to reading glass lenses. They are aspherical and work really well.

There appear to be differences in the accessories included in the package, and the $200 stripped down versions wanted $30 in shipping while the $260 version included shipping and the extra accessories (including custom lens frame) through Amazon. Don't forget you still need a $5 converter for the AC adapter for US plugs, unless you already have one.

I got free shipping, lens frame, charger with US adapter....all in $199.

I got free shipping, lens frame, charger with US adapter....all in $199.
I probably am being ripped off, but have 30 days to return it through Amazon.
Thanks for the clarification. There is a difference in the labeling of the offerings with the more expensive ones labeled with "+MHL Gender". What exactly is that? Do you have that eBay link? I can still cancel my unshipped order. Do you prefer the black over the white, or does it not make any difference in use?

Last edited:
I suggest you to try Amazon and if not happy with the performance, return it.

I see so many on eBay Accupix Mybud priced from $175 onwards. Normal Delivery is free. Expedited delivery charges are $30 shipped from Korea

MHL is connection for Android new devices. All devices have HDMI port too.

I suggest you to try Amazon and if not happy with the performance, return it.

I see so many on eBay Accupix Mybud priced from $175 onwards. Normal Delivery is free. Expedited delivery charges are $30 shipped from Korea

MHL is connection for Android new devices. All devices have HDMI port too.
Cool! Thanks for the clarification. Found one on eBay for $200 as you describe in Korea with 99.8% seller satisfaction. Should be here in 4 weeks. Amazon one will go back after it arrives! No new Android devices needing MHL connections in the house!

Found one more make on eBay. Trying to bid on it:

Its Omimo Immersive VR BOX Virtual Reality 1080P 3D Glasses Bluetooth Control X8EZ

Any updates? How are those of you who have MyBud liking them once you've played with them more?

Any updates? How are those of you who have MyBud liking them once you've played with them more?
Pros:

1. Good price
2. Small form factor, fits into backpack
3. Acceptable video quality
4. Two independent screens so works good on 2D mode
5. You can view tablet while wearing it

Cons:
1. No pupil distance adjustment.
2. Korean documentation
3. Nose support not that good

I posted this info on other list too but is useful to this topic too:

I shortlisted following HDMI goggles:

Oculus Rift $599
Omimo $240
Vuzix iWear $499
Avegant Glyph $700
HTC Vive $800
Moverio BT-300 $700
Studied their specs and find that most promising devices for Phantom are:
Avegant Glyph, Vuzix iWear and BT-300

Why pay for an HDMI conversion and $300+ goggles when you can just get HooToo goggles and put your phone in it? It makes full VR including looking down to control camera tilt. And all the OSD options you could want. $30 upgrade and you're there. Not seeing a downside. Just curious what the thoughts are.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why pay for an HDMI conversion and $300+ goggles when you can just get HooToo goggles and put your phone in it? It makes full VR including looking down to control camera tilt. And all the OSD options you could want. $30 upgrade and you're there. Not seeing a downside. Just curious what the thoughts are.

Thanks!

If you are happy with resolutions that you get with VR, you don't need expensive solutions.

If you are happy with resolutions that you get with VR, you don't need expensive solutions.

Thanks for the input. I'm getting great resolution. Same viewing size and everything. Been very happy with it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl