P3A. RC Beeping and no camera control.

Reaction score
Um! Just fired up my P3A, flew for one full battery but noticed that the camera was a bit jerky going up and down. Landed.
Found it was catching on the ribbon cable. Little bit of BlueTac kept the cable away and all was well. Continued flying until battery 20%.

Landed, turned everything off and changed AC battery. Turned everything back on and the RC is beeping, left hand LED RED flashing and no control of the camera tilt. The drone flies just fine.

Checking manual, blinking RED and beeping indicates a critically low battery - but all four White LED's are lit?

Just plugged the charger in and all four white LED's light up one after the other as though the battery was very low.

Strange!

Any suggestions please?

Last edited:
Um! Just fired up my P3A, flew for one full battery but noticed that the camera was a bit jerky going up and down. Landed.
Found it was catching on the ribbon cable. Little bit of BlueTac kept the cable away and all was well. Continued flying until battery 20%.

Landed, turned everything off and changed AC battery. Turned everything back on and the RC is beeping, left hand LED RED flashing and no control of the camera tilt. The drone flies just fine.

Checking manual, blinking RED and beeping indicates a critically low battery - but all four White LED's are lit?

Just plugged the charger in and all four white LED's light up one after the other as though the battery was very low.

Strange!

Any suggestions please?
Do you see the same with all batteries or just that one?
Maybe a quick check in the battery compartment for any obvious issues there or on that particular battery's contacts.
Also, does the beeping stop when you move a stick? Possibly an RC calibration including the wheel?
Just throwing out a few simple things to quickly check.

P3 Battery Connectors.jpg

It's not the AC battery, it's the RC!

As I said above I just plugged the charger in the RC and all four white LED's light up one after the other as though the battery was very low.

All four lights off now so "battery charged"! No, turn the RC on and all four less light but the left hand one is blinking g RED and beep beep beep beep. so looks like the RC battery has died!

Now to find out how to change it ?

Sorry, my bad. I misunderstood and thought you said the issues began after you changed the AC battery. I’ll go away now.?

Cheers sir.

Ok 4 screws where USB port is on rear first so you can detach ribbon cable,,,then remove grey comfort pad to get to other screw as shown in picture,ah shite pictures back to front but you see how it goes,,once screws are out clip remote apart and unplug battery from top board,,,you will now see battery inside rear cover,,,if you got some batterys around you might have a 7.4 600mhp battery lying around that might fit,possible plug change but easy and save you buying replacement remote battery ,,,good luck very easy,,,10 min job but take time on the ribbon cables ,they can be bit fiddly
Screenshot_20210811-085529_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210811-084457_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210811-084353_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210811-084419_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MerckxBh
Many thanks canzone, MOST helpful.
I thought that the battery, like the drone ones, have an equalising circuit inside them so an ordinary LiPo is no good? Maybe wrong........

Yes I did calibrate the sticks and that's what started this issue, I think!! I'll have another go but I'm pretty sure it's battery issue.
I'll be opening up the RC later today..................

Ok 4 screws where USB port is on rear first so you can detach ribbon cable,,,then remove grey comfort pad to get to other screw as shown in picture,ah shite pictures back to front but you see how it goes,,once screws are out clip remote apart and unplug battery from top board,,,you will now see battery inside rear cover,,,if you got some batterys around you might have a 7.4 600mhp battery lying around that might fit,possible plug change but easy and save you buying replacement remote battery ,,,good luck very easy,,,10 min job but take time on the ribbon cables ,they can be bit fiddly View attachment 122528 View attachment 122527View attachment 122525View attachment 122526
This is where I am ianzone - my controller is:
IMG_8941.jpg

and this is the USB circuit board:
IMG_8940.jpg

How do the ribbon cables come out, just pull them or is there a locking clip??? Scared of damaging them!!

Yes I did calibrate the sticks and that's what started this issue, I think!! I'll have another go but I'm pretty sure it's battery issue.
I'll be opening up the RC later today..................
Just a reminder that the sticks calibration has to be finished using the camera roller. Followed by pressing finish. Good luck

Just a reminder that the sticks calibration has to be finished using the camera roller. Followed by pressing finish. Good luck
And THAT Capt KO was the problem!
Just put it all back together and re done the calibration, sticks and then the camera (which I probably hadn't done the first time) and everything works just fine ???
Lesson learnt!!!

Also, does the beeping stop when you move a stick? Possibly an RC calibration including the wheel?
Just throwing out a few simple things to quickly check.
Did you calibrate the sticks yet. That's the usual fix for beeping remote.
And THAT Capt KO was the problem!
Just put it all back together and re done the calibration, sticks and then the camera (which I probably hadn't done the first time) and everything works just fine ???
Lesson learnt!!!
Outstanding. So glad that our suggestions worked out. Maybe I'm not getting quite as old as I thought. ;)
Cheers sir!

Also found out a whole lot more about the inside of the RC! The comfort pads on the back, on this controller, are held on with double sided sticky tape, yuk!!?

Also found out a whole lot more about the inside of the RC! The comfort pads on the back, on this controller, are held on with double sided sticky tape, yuk!!?
Good stuff,,glad you sorted it,;)??
Nothing like getting in there and digging around

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic