P3A Post Crash video shakes (FIXED)

Reaction score
Recently I got too close to a tree my P3A hit the limbs, then the ground. One gimbel mount dampener pin broke. I replaced it. I powered up the P3A and noticed a slight horizon tilt so went into the menu to the camera settings and adjusted it. I took it out for a test flight and the video is shaky and jittery. I swapped out SD cards and the problem persists. Here is a short video showing the problem.
Should I replace all 4 dampeners? Is it something in the camera? Any help is appreciated.

Looking closer at the possible causes I noticed that the arm on the gimbal is rubbing on the mount. This is not good. It's probably what is causing problems. Need to research this and see if I can find a quick DIY fix.
Any advice?

I don’t know how close a P3a is to a P3s, but there is a screw on the shaft that can be loosened and the adjustment made.
I loosened the screw and retightened it after pulling the arm up a bit. It doesn't seem to be rubbing anymore. I replaced all 4 white gimbal cushions and the 2 pins. Did a gimbal re-calibration and tested it again. Here is the post repair test flight.

I'm not seeing the bad glitches as before.
Opinions? Advice?

I see both. Looks like you got it fixed! ?
It seems so. Once I get inside and saw the scraping I knew I had to get my screwdriver set and adjust that screw. While I had it on the desk I decided to replace all of the white cushions and the 2 pins. The post repair flights looked good except I didn't slip a ND filter on and, Boy of boy, is that south Louisiana sun bright today. It's a ND16 day for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav