P3A grainy video in morning, evening light.

Thanks for comment. Always looking how to produce better results get me to thinking that my phantom unit is not one of bests in it's class. :)

Bought P3 because of this vid. But still far far away from any results close to this. Not in terms of landscape, just video technicalities. (dynamic range, colours, etc)

It is a nice video but they are getting good results as they are shooting in very bright conditions which helps dramatically

Okay. 4K or 2.7k does not mean it's good quality. The blotching you see comes from the small 4K sensor and low bitrate. Low wind, lots of light and steady. That will make the best shot. Flying it around a field adjacent to woods and your gonna see the blotching. All you can do is optimize. And wait for a camera upgrade. probably new cameras this summer. Dunno.

It is a nice video but they are getting good results as they are shooting in very bright conditions which helps dramatically
Yeah, i'll order set of ND's in next few days to check it out. It's amazing peace of kit P3 but i like to say, imagine that they really pushed that camera/compression/sensor thing bit further.

The Phantom is pretty cool and impressive and all .... but .... think of it. The entire package costs less than a decent video lens. Less than some tripods. Less than some field monitors. Yes, you can get good results out of it but you really have to understand its strengths and weaknesses (which is what you are trying to do). Hell, iPhones can make good pictures. In some situations.

There is something about the video you posted which isn't quite right. Looks terrible on YouTube. If that's the best you can wring out of it, then something is wrong - either settings are bolluxed or you do have a bad bit of hardware.

Reactions: Muva Bee
The Phantom is pretty cool and impressive and all .... but .... think of it. The entire package costs less than a decent video lens. Less than some tripods. Less than some field monitors. Yes, you can get good results out of it but you really have to understand its strengths and weaknesses (which is what you are trying to do). Hell, iPhones can make good pictures. In some situations.

There is something about the video you posted which isn't quite right. Looks terrible on YouTube. If that's the best you can wring out of it, then something is wrong - either settings are bolluxed or you do have a bad bit of hardware.
Hi, thanks for comment. Just wanted to ask are you talking about my vid or OP's vid. There are two vids in thread.

Wow that's out of focus. Send it back. It took me 3 times to get a good camera. If you want to tinker you can adjust the focus yourself but have tot take the back of the gimbal off.

3 try's to get one that works? Wow. I'm gonna have to look into that. I always thought my camera was a lemon.

Wow that's out of focus. Send it back. It took me 3 times to get a good camera. If you want to tinker you can adjust the focus yourself but have tot take the back of the gimbal off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20