P3A... Calibrating and Flying without DJI app

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I understand you are able to fly P3A without the DJI app...
I am curious as to how one would do all the compass calibration without the option from the DJI app. Similiar to that of the Phantom 2 is there an option for using a manual command and option from the RC itself to being the manual process with the drone?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Shockwave - Thanks for that matey, just what I was looking for :)

Msinger - Are you sure? The above video states the opposite?? :/

Thanks guys

JJMMLL, it does in fact work by toggling the PAF switch. I don't know that it's a good idea though since you will not get any visual feedback from DJI GO. I'm assuming the Phantom will still not allow you to calibrate if there is too much interference in the area. We can hope so anyhow ;)

I understand you are able to fly P3A without the DJI app...
I am curious as to how one would do all the compass calibration without the option from the DJI app. Similiar to that of the Phantom 2 is there an option for using a manual command and option from the RC itself to being the manual process with the drone?
You don't need to recalibrate your Phantom all the time.
Even more so if you don't have the app.
The Advanced and the Pro don't have those switches so they cannnot be recalibrated at all without the app.

The Advanced and the Pro don't have those switches so they cannnot be recalibrated at all without the app.
The video above shows you can initialize the compass calibration by toggling the PAF switch. As I noted above though, this is probably not the best way to do this since you won't be able to see feedback in the DJI GO app.

The video above shows you can initialize the compass calibration by toggling the PAF switch. As I noted above though, this is probably not the best way to do this since you won't be able to see feedback in the DJI GO app.
Ahhh ...there's always something to learn with these flying machines.
Thanks

The visual feedback without the app is the LED'S themselves. Learn how they blink and stay solid from the above video during the calibration process and that should do it. I however wouldn't calibrate without the app, just as I don't fly without an app unless a problem forces me to during flight- rare and not particularly fun.

The visual feedback without the app is the LED'S themselves. Learn how they blink and stay solid from the above video during the calibration process and that should do it.
Unfortunately, the LEDs will only tell you whether or not the calibration process was successful. If you're not using DJI GO, you will never see the message about interference in the area -- when near large metal objects for example. Successfully calibrating in an area like that could result in a crash.

I don't know- it could be that the LED's flash red for unsuccessful. I'm sure they go red or yellow somehow, or at least I would hope the pilot isn't lulled into a false sense of security.

I would assume this probably happens even with the P3

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl