P3A "activate aircraft" warning, reaplced board, broken gimbal/camera

Reaction score
Hi there, see my thread Crashed P3A worth to repair for details.

I created this thread, since it's more specific to board activation and later (after activation) replacing a P3P 4K camera with a P3A 2.7K camera.

Many people find themselves in a similar situation when they hard crash their drone: camera semi-broken/disconnected from gimbal, ribbon flex cable broken, a few motors broken (not spinning/moving properly), ESC status error because of broken motors, fried/broken ESC or because of other malfunction on the board. This was my case.

In the thread I linked above someone suggested me to buy on ebay a board with motors already soldered to it (in my case all motors were broken, so I made my life easier). So I did. I received it and replaced it. The drone turns on, I can connect to DJI Go and I have the following scenario (see pictures attached):
  • the board was brand new, never activated, when I try to arm the motors (in ATTI mode, because I had no GPS signal) I get a warning in yellow "activate aircraft" (I uninstalled DJI Go, but I never get to the screen walking through the aircraft activation, like you get when you buy a new DJI Phantom 3 drone and connect it for the first time)
  • I did compass calibration outside (in my flat I had interference)
  • No satellites show up: not even outside
  • Aircraft overall status: abnormal, because the ribbon flex cable is broken, no camera attached.
Questions

1) Can I borrow e.g. a working P3 Professional (with P3P 4K camera of course) from a friend, open it (he already opened it, so no issues with warranty since it already expired), replace his board with the one I have to activate, then connect to DJI Go, activate it, and put it back to my wreck so to see if I can at least arm the motors?

2) If I manage to repair my P3A gimbal/camera (I already purchased a repair kit on aliexpress) and connect it to my wreck, what happens since it's activated as P3P? Will it work, just as P3A? Will the app show maximum recording at 2.7K? Or what would be the steps to "downgrade" a board activated as P3P to be P3A again?

3) Is there a way to determine if the GPS is broken, or it's because it was not activated?

Thanks for letting me know. Best regards.

Attachments

• dji go - aircraft status 1.png
    dji go - aircraft status 1.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 465
  • dji go - aircraft status 2.png
    dji go - aircraft status 2.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 437
  • dji go - activate aircraft warning.png
    dji go - activate aircraft warning.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 487

Members online

No members online now.