P3. With Samsung Gear VR

Reaction score
Hi everyone I hope someone can help I have a P3S and I want to use the Samsung gear VR. First of all are they compatible? If so how do I get them to work together?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I understand it will work but you have to hack a hole in it for the cable. You also have to stop the Gear software from running. There is info on line somewhere.

I have the same kind of question. I have a used Fatshark Dominator V1 and is there any SIMPLE way to hook it up? Not a fan of messing with innards but will try if it's relatively simple.

Welcome, George!
Well, first of all, this is the wrong forum. This is the Pro/Advanced forum, and the Standard has a different remote, requiring wi-fi vs cable tether between Remote and Screen Device.
You might have better luck in the Standard forum. What you hear here may not apply.

No problem, just trying to help! Done it myself more than once.

By the way I am using a Gear VR with my Note 5 running litchi. I will tell you that there isn't really a way to get around the USB port. I disabled it through apps and such. It is pretty **** useless as a VR. 2 weeks into Samsung reality and I was ready to toss it. So I drilled a hole on the opposite side with my dremel. I took out the USB on the other side by disassembly. If you are good at soldering you can bypass the system and run a connection from the plug off the bottom. Saying that you need to connect to your aircraft and then hit the VR button in the litchi screen. You need room to do this, so that little usb nub is useless. I will enclose a pic of the mods I did and it actually works really well and now the VR isn't a useless piece of overpriced garbage. If you still want to use it for Samsung VR. Buy another one for 15 bucks online.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

25fcb1f1d1d91af72ee318505ffe0851.jpg
This is what I had done and works great!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi everyone I hope someone can help I have a P3S and I want to use the Samsung gear VR. First of all are they compatible? If so how do I get them to work together?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
It will work with your P3Standard as it uses WIFI to emulate the screen. This will NOT work with the ADV and PRO as they use the USB port to emulate the image. No drilling required, however you need to disable the oculus software from starting.
Use this app (no root required).
Disable For Oculus - Android Apps on Google Play
Run that app, then run Litchi, or what ever FPV app you have.

It will work with your P3Standard as it uses WIFI to emulate the screen. This will NOT work with the ADV and PRO as they use the USB port to emulate the image. No drilling required, however you need to disable the oculus software from starting.
Use this app (no root required).
Disable For Oculus - Android Apps on Google Play
Run that app, then run Litchi, or what ever FPV app you have.
I didn't see he was using a standard I tired that app. It disables the oculous but also disables the USB also so itmis only good for wifi or bluetooth

I didn't see he was using a standard I tired that app. It disables the oculous but also disables the USB also so itmis only good for wifi or bluetooth
That is correct. It's no good for any DJI products that uses the cable-to-device method.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic