- May 20, 2014
- Reaction score
After completing an approx. 10-15 minute flight, upon landing my P3P started behaving erratically:
- Note: Visual Positioning System turned off (some flights ago).
- Flew for around 10-15 minutes around a farm area in comfortable flying conditions. Flight was normal. Battery around 40% with 3 charges.
- Touched down for landing.
- I was lowering left stick for stopping the motors. (You can see it start to slow down in the video)
- P3 suddenly shot up in the air on it's own at high speed. I brought the stick back to upward / middle position then tried to counter it with downward movement.
- P3 then started to descend rapidly (far faster than usual). I countered with upward movement.
- This 'yo-yo' effect carried on for a few seconds.
- Eventually it was like an added descent force against the stick. I was pushing up against it but it was coming down.
- Once down it would not stop with downward stick motion.
- Finally I got it to stop by cornering both sticks in lower middle position.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?
I've never seen this happen before on P2V or P3.
I flew later in different places with out any re-calibration / change to the VPS and everything acted normal. One of those was a short flight on the same battery without recharging.