P3 standard with H4-3D and GoPro?

Reaction score
I have a P2 with H4-3D and my GoPro 3+ Silver, its ok and I'm still having fun with it.
A friend of mine is selling his P3, just the bird, no gimbal or camera.

My question is, money aside (because I'm pretty much breaking even if I count the accessories and 2 batteries that he offers) do you think its worth the upgrade? And can the H4-3D fit the P3 and hold my camera without any issues?

Can I use an iPhone app to control my phantom 3, not to view the footage, just to control it and set way points etc, or is the functionality exactly the same as the P2 (no app support).
Thanks!!

I would suggest to look elsewhere.

The P3 series are an integrated affair with no designed provision to change camera / gimbal. It was always setup as an out of box solution.

I would also be wary of buying any P3 / P4 that is without camera / gimbal because it means that someone has deliberately removed them. Why ?
I might consider buying such a package if I was repairing a crashed P3 ... but otherwise after reading so many horror stories about people who try to replace with correct P3 camera / gimbals - I would have to think carefully first.

It may turn out to be money you be better of putting towards a refurb complete machine ...

Nigel

Nigel thank you for your suggestion!
The craft was in fact crashed and its gimbal ribbon destroyed, hence why he's selling it.

I think I'll just pass and upgrade directly to the P4 when my budget allows me.
Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl