P3 Standard "HIDDEN" SD card inside battery tray??? :S

You can also access that data without physically removing the memory card. It's only of interest to those who want to access the memory card to format it since it's not possible to do so without removing it from the Phantom.
I had a guy on the DJI forum argue with me endlessly that he can format the internal SD card via the Go app. My take was that the format option in the app was for the other SD card in the gimbal. But he just thought I was clueless? And challenge me to just go try it, which I didn't because it wasn't something I really wanted to do.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Kind of like me telling a lady she had a virus on her computer back when I worked on computers ....told her she had a virus . She laughed at me and argued computers can't get sick hahaha she said. Sounds like the fellow in this story don't realize the is another SD card in the bird. I didn't know it till last week when I took apart a P3 Standard i bought from a guy a few weeks back for 100 bucks. I was after the battery for my P3 4K. Thought I wold see if I could fix the P3 Standard sense it was almost a free. I see another Standard (new) on craigslist today for 225 bucks. Probably could pick it up for 200. People argue about stuff sometimes they are unsure of. Someone needs to tell the guy about the second SD card for future reference. As for me , I could not explain to the lady what a computer virus was. She thought I was crazy. I am really enjoying these discussion boards , have learned many things being a noob.

I had a guy on the DJI forum argue with me endlessly that he can format the internal SD card via the Go app.
You could in older versions of DJI GO (see below). I don't recall when DJI removed that feature.

formatdata.png

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I am trying to find where the internal Wireless Antenna connections are, Without opening my drone. Does anybody know where they are?
Thanks
MikeK
In the camera, you have to take it off and the gimbal to see them they have a couple doors for them

Tried to remove it, - looks like it's glued well.

View attachment 38982

Not recc'd to remove it !!

If DJI have decided to 'glue it in' - surely that says enough to not remove it unless absolutely necessary and even then - I would default to DJI service replacing it ... as i regard it as a part of the internal system.

It carries all the data regarding FW / flights / events .... and is an integral part of the AC system.

Nigel

I am trying to find where the internal Wireless Antenna connections are, Without opening my drone. Does anybody know where they are?
Thanks
MikeK
The Right side or the battery folder.

they are on the sides of the battery compartment, they are panel antennas so you wont expect that they are antennas, they look like 2 standard sd cards stacked against each other with a small white cable siliconed into the back

P3S-Antenna.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl