P3 standard camera on P3 professional

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to this forum. Not new to multirotors, but I am new to the phantom.

I have a P3 advanced coming to me. It is in need of rehab and does not currently have a camera. Will the standard camera work on the P3 advanced?

I believe the unit that is coming to me will need firmware (not positive). Is there a way to install firmware without the camera installed?

Thanks

Reactions: Mark The Droner
For the camera, you can put the camera of the P3 PRO or P3 ADV, both will work and that will define if finally it will be a PRO or an ADV P3. Camera of P3 S or P3 4k will not work.
As other said, the RC can only be the one for P3 PRO or ADV, model GL300A, GL300B or GL300C.

Reactions: bterrier
For the camera, you can put the camera of the P3 PRO or P3 ADV, both will work and that will define if finally it will be a PRO or an ADV P3. Camera of P3 S or P3 4k will not work.
As other said, the RC can only be the one for P3 PRO or ADV, model GL300A, GL300B or GL300C.
And we can add the inspire 1 remotes to that list, eg GL658A

Thanks for that information

Thats too bad about the spektrum transmitter. I have seen that some people were able to modify the P1 and I believe the P2 as well to work with the spektrum transmitters. I was hoping the same could be done to the P3

Thats too bad about the spektrum transmitter. I have seen that some people were able to modify the P1 and I believe the P2 as well to work with the spektrum transmitters. I was hoping the same could be done to the P3
The P1 and P2 used wifi but the P3 Pro uses DJI's proprietary system - Lightbridge which is much better.

The P1 and P2 used wifi but the P3 Pro uses DJI's proprietary system - Lightbridge which is much better.

Ok so will I be able to fly it and bind it to a dji controller without the camera/gimbal installed?

Thanks everyone for all your help. I do have another question.

Are the batteries across the phantom 3 models all the same? Or does a phantom 3 advanced use a different battery than a standard etc?

Ok thanks that helps.

I know that you guys say the cameras/gimbals are model specific. But I do have a question regarding the camera.

If I had a P3 Advanced with the gimbal/camera board attached, is the physical camera part with the lens any differnt than the camera on the standard.

Essentially what I amtrying to figure out is if I can take the lens portion from the standard and install it on a P3 advanced if the advanced gimbal control board is installed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94