P3 props on a P2?

Reaction score
Hi all I've been searching and searching in here and have learned that P2 props shouldn't be used on a P3 due to their metal inserts, but what I cant find is will P3 props work fine on a P2? Can anyone confirm please?

YES ! P3 Props on P2 work fine. Snug-em up, they have slightly different feel going on. Happy flying !

Reactions: 3rdof5
Thanks everyone, i know they fit, just wanted to be sure they were safe to use :)

Hi all I've been searching and searching in here and have learned that P2 props shouldn't be used on a P3 due to their metal inserts, but what I cant find is will P3 props work fine on a P2? Can anyone confirm please?
Yes, P3 (composite hub) props should be fine on a P2 BUT (at your own risk), it is possible to use P2 metal-hubbed props without incident on a P3.

I've been doing so on my P3P for more than 2.5 years. Details of how are here:-

Are these props compatible with the P3?

Yes, P3 (composite hub) props should be fine on a P2 BUT (at your own risk), it is possible to use P2 metal-hubbed props without incident on a P3.

I've been doing so on my P3P for more than 2.5 years. Details of how are here:-

Are these props compatible with the P3?
Personally I prefer the "feel" of the P3 props attaching them over the P2's metal insert props. And I would tend to agree that a metal to metal fit is more prone to loosening that a composite to metal fitting. Is there a benefit to the P2 props on a P3 I'm missing?

Personally I prefer the "feel" of the P3 props attaching them over the P2's metal insert props. And I would tend to agree that a metal to metal fit is more prone to loosening that a composite to metal fitting. Is there a benefit to the P2 props on a P3 I'm missing?
These questions are answered if you read the linked thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl