P3 pro motor shutdown

Reaction score
Waiting on a new NVIDIA Shield to arrive I decided to practice and navigate pilot app on a Samsung tablet with the props off and inside. I had a scary thing happen and wondered if anyone else had this happen.
I was testing motors and control sticks, and when I moved the left stick anywhere between the 3 O'Clock and 5 O'Clock position the motors shut down. With my P1 to shut down you have to move both left and right sticks down and in at the same time to shut motors off. This is scary in that if I am flying and rotate to the right and pull the stick into the 3-5 area the motors will shut down. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it a glitch in software?

That is scary.
Click the google link in my signature and maybe it'll help find you something.

You can turn off the P3 in air if you do the CSC (Combined Stick Command). It is scary. So don't do that ;)

It would be a very wild maneuver you had to be attempting to be able to do that while flying. But still - DJI should have made it more difficult to turn off the motors in air.

Reactions: Bill7259
The preferred way to shut off all the phantoms is holding the throttle down once they have stopped descending.
The CSC is more for instant shutdown in a minor emergency.
If executed at all sloppily on landing it's easy to tip the phantom over stopping them with CSC

You can stop motors in the air using CSC but it would be an incredibly extreme manoeuvre to do it by accident.
They won't stop in the air holding throttle down because it also needs to sense no further descending.

I did not use the CSC method. I used only the left ( throttle ) stick and that is when it shut motors down. That is why I posted the incident as this should not happen with just one stick. This could have been the reason some other flyers have crashed???

I don't know for sure but I think the Phantom knew it was not in the air and moving the left stick down while it is landed does shut down the motors. Don't believe it would do it if you were in the air. Then again, not something I would be testing either while flying. :confused:

Guess I will try and fly it at about 5' and see what happens. Still waiting on FedEx to deliver my tablet before I try.

It won't shut down using the throttle down while in the air. I descend at full down position many times, it doesn't do the shutoff while in the air.

It won't shut down using the throttle down while in the air. I descend at full down position many times, it doesn't do the shutoff while in the air.

Unless some freakish updraft would simulate it "standing on the grund" and turning off? And no, I don't think that is likely at all and I have never heard of it.

Do full speed descends all the time myself and I've never had an issue - on hundreds of flights on my P2V+ and P3Pro.

No Props.

That explains it.

I'm sure it was because the unit was stationary on the ground. I wouldn't mess around like that, just wait for your tablet.

As others have said this does not happen in flight, maybe it was because it knows it was on the ground also the no props. I've had the left stick pulled right down many times for fast descent and also had it on full right yaw many with no issues. For csc both sticks need to be used and the likelyhood of this happening during normal flight is almost impossible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20