P3 Pro IMU error after crash

Reaction score
Hello all,

2 months ago I had a crash with my P3 Pro. The drone lost signal a few minutes after take off. Beginner's mistake I didn't set "back to home altitude". It was by default to 30m. The drone went into "back to home" mode and crashed.
The gimbal was damaged but I thought I would give it a try and replaced the flex cable which get broken. Took me 2 months to get the cable delivered. Yes I live far away from Europe / US.
I've assembled everything back. Here are pictures.
20211104_154244.jpg
20211104_154232.jpg
20211104_154224.jpg

The error message I get is:

Screenshot_20211104-144626_DJI GO.jpg

IMU Calibration will just stopped after some time :

Screenshot_20211104-150651_DJI GO.jpg

The gimbal also has physical issues to position properly. It will not stabilize well i.e. It will not come up in the straight position and will make weird noise (as if it will keep trying to position the camera properly)

Due to the fact that parts are quite expensive here and may take quite a lot of time to arrive I was thinking about whether there is a way to disable the Gimbal, I mean position the camera manually and then take off. If yes, this might not sort out the IMU error which as far as I've understood

Hello all,

2 months ago I had a crash with my P3 Pro. The drone lost signal a few minutes after take off. Beginner's mistake I didn't set "back to home altitude". It was by default to 30m. The drone went into "back to home" mode and crashed.
The gimbal was damaged but I thought I would give it a try and replaced the flex cable which get broken. Took me 2 months to get the cable delivered. Yes I live far away from Europe / US.
I've assembled everything back. Here are pictures.
View attachment 123011 View attachment 123012 View attachment 123013

The error message I get is:

View attachment 123014

IMU Calibration will just stopped after some time :

View attachment 123015

The gimbal also has physical issues to position properly. It will not stabilize well i.e. It will not come up in the straight position and will make weird noise (as if it will keep trying to position the camera properly)

Due to the fact that parts are quite expensive here and may take quite a lot of time to arrive I was thinking about whether there is a way to disable the Gimbal, I mean position the camera manually and then take off. If yes, this might not sort out the IMU error which as far as I've understood
Perhaps the accelerometer is stuck. Tapping on the IMU has worked for many here on the forum. Maybe you'll get lucky as well.

FYI - I don't see any anti-drop pins installed. Also, your shell is not fully clipped into place. Just a couple of things that stood out to me from your photos, though you may not yet be done with your rebuild. Also, is your UV lens cracked?

Reactions: brigerdrones
Hello and thanks @Oso ,

1. In the meanwhile I was able to sort out the IMU issue by tapping on it.

2. Yes it is not fully rebuilt. My rotors will start now. "Also, is your UV lens cracked?" > My camera is OK
So can I make the camera fixed since my Gimbal is mechanism is damaged ? I guess I could glue it but the whole mechanism might overheat ?

Some updates: The drone can fly.
Settings :
Gimbal mode: FPV
Advanced Settings: Gimbal Tilt Speed and Gimbal Start/Stop buffer : 0 / Gimbal tilt limit & Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow : Off

I was thinking that with these settings I could position the Gimbal manually and it would stay like that but it won't. I'm thinking of having the gimbal glued so that it stops moving but I will need to remove the power cable of the gimbal (to prevent overheat right ? ). Your views please ?

Thanks for your inputs !

BTW two of your propellers are not in the right position (the first picture). But perhaps it's for the picture purpose only because you can't fly like this.
I would definitely not glue the gimbal. You'll lose pic. stabilization at least if not something worse.

I purchased a gimbal/ camera guard for my P3P on Ebay.::
DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Camera Guard 3d printed from Clear PET

BTW two of your propellers are not in the right position (the first picture). But perhaps it's for the picture purpose only because you can't fly like this.
I would definitely not glue the gimbal. You'll lose pic. stabilization at least if not something worse.
Hello and thanks,

For photography only, do I really need stabilization ? I mean if I'm taking pictures with shutter speed at 1/200 or faster, I guess no. In such a case, has anyone ever tweak the gimble to have a immobile camera ?

P.S Again. Buying a new gimble is just not an option for me. Too expensive and too long delay. Am out of Europe / US.

Yes, you're right. If you do the stills only them you do not need stabilization at faster expositions.
At low light it is different.

Thanks but still needs help to prevent the gimbal from trying to stabilize. If I glue the parts together the stabilization process might use power all the time and overheat.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31