P3 pro. Green light on gimbal, sd card recognized, no video. Black screen. Firmware issue?

Reaction score
I just traded for a p3p,3 yes old,never flown. The guy that had it messed up the calibration on the remote,and had it set for mode 1. After an all nighter,,I finally got it to stop beeping and link up.
But,it has no video.
The remote is 1.9.2,and the drone is 1.5.3.
Could this be my problem? How can I back my remote back to 1.5.3? I've tried installing 1.9.2 on the quad,but it stays on 1.5.3.
Should I go thru every version to get it there?

I just traded for a p3p,3 yes old,never flown. The guy that had it messed up the calibration on the remote,and had it set for mode 1. After an all nighter,,I finally got it to stop beeping and link up.
But,it has no video.
The remote is 1.9.2,and the drone is 1.5.3.
Could this be my problem? How can I back my remote back to 1.5.3? I've tried installing 1.9.2 on the quad,but it stays on 1.5.3.
Should I go thru every version to get it there?
AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. If your RC is at 1.9.2, if it were mine I would update my AC to at least 1.8.8 so that they were both on the same encryption. If you go to a later FW, note that FW 1.11.20 introduced significant flight distance restrictions that need to be removed. Click here to read about it, get some of the background, and how to remove the restrictions.

**Note that 1.9.2 was never a FW version for the P3A or the P3P ACs. Also, AC FW 1.5.3 is a known bad version which contains a bug that could allow the battery to shut off mid-flight.

Also, considering the P3P has not been used in 3 years, I'd say there is a high chance you also have an often mentioned issue. It was again recently discussed last week in this post:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair