P3 pro firmware update

Reaction score
What is the newest or latest firmware undate for a Phantom 3 Professional that will work...

Reactions: JoBe
Do you use the same AC firmware file to update the RC firmware.

my RC won't link to the AC...This happened after doing a firmware update... Since the firmware update the RC only blinks green led and Beeps.... I can't get the RC to connect to the DJI go App either it keeps finding the wrong AC... Need Help!!

Last edited:

my RC won't link to the AC...This happened after doing a firmware update... Since the firmware update the RC only blinks green led and Beeps.... I can't get the RC to connect to the DJI go App either it keeps finding the wrong AC... Need Help!!
I have never updated my P3 Pro, but from what I've seen watching the "How To" videos, its the same .bin file for both.

Is the firmware update file still on the SD card? If so, take it off and format the card. Fire it up as usual with controller on.
I count this happened to me a couple times where I was sure it had updated, then got loud beeping and flashing Red & Green.

Once the card was cleared- all was normal.

Ok i got the AC and RC where i can fly it...But now it want connect to the DJI GO App on my tablet....I tried deleting the App and the cache but still nothing... Tried different USB cable but still nothing and i know the cable port is fine on the RC...

Last edited:
Ok i got the AC and RC where i can fly it...But now it want connect to the DJI GO App on my tablet....I tried deleting the App and the cache but still nothing... Tried different USB cable but still nothing and i know the cable port is fine on the RC...
Just to be sure, your mobile device worked in the past with your P3P? If so, is it iOS or Android?

I have never updated my P3 Pro, but from what I've seen watching the "How To" videos, its the same .bin file for both.
wait what??? this is not correct i dont think. maybe a long long time ago but not for a few years already. @mallbritton are you using very old firmwares or did you go to the latest that you asked about before? have you already learned now that the rc is not updated with a bin file at all anymore? what do you have on your ac and rc?

wait what??? this is not correct i dont think. maybe a long long time ago but not for a few years already. @mallbritton are you using very old firmwares or did you go to the latest that you asked about before? have you already learned now that the rc is not updated with a bin file at all anymore? what do you have on your ac and rc?
If all else fails, read the instructions :> http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf

I'm not updating my P3 Pro for the time being. Reading these instructions actually seems a bit confusing.

You are correct to say that it has been a long time since the RC has been updated using a .bin file. It has been since FW 1.3.2 back around Q3 of 2015, so if the OP is actually using FW older than that in his RC, he would need to get it to 1.3.2 first, and then update the way we have been doing for 2+ years now by using the app.

If all else fails, read the instructions :> http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf

I'm not updating my P3 Pro for the time being. Reading these instructions actually seems a bit confusing.
That's a very old guide, though it does actually say for RC FW older than 1.3.2 (page 7) so in that regard it's correct. For any FW newer than late 2015, this guide is far outdated with regards to the RC.
We tell people often about not following those old processes for updating the RC, and when we do we also tell them to closely follow the steps in this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
You are correct to say that it has been a long time since the RC has been updated using a .bin file. It has been since FW 1.3.2 back around Q3 of 2015, so if the OP is actually using FW older than that in his RC, he would need to get it to 1.3.2 first, and then update the way we have been doing for 2+ years now by using the app.

That's a very old guide, though it does actually say for RC FW older than 1.3.2 (page 7) so in that regard it's correct. For any FW newer than late 2015, this guide is far outdated with regards to the RC.
We tell people often about not following those old processes for updating the RC, and when we do we also tell them to closely follow the steps in this post.
It may be old, however, so is the P3. And it's the ONLY guide DJI is posting on their site. I'm outta here!

suggestion - dont use old instructions that were changed years ago. i'm surprised since i had the impression you were one of the top guys here. that just remonds me that you never really know if people know what they are talking about even if they are long time members.

i thought it was common knowledge that the rc was no longer updated with a file and usb stick. i guess not as common as i thought. yikes! thnx for backing me up.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl