P3 lost in Charles River

This is now the 3rd crash with reports of them just dropping out the sky. Not good and i suspect before the days out there will be another incident. Hope dji are getting to the route of this problem and fast before someone gets hurt.

Still waiting on my phantom, but that is scary. What a crappy feeling it must be.

Oh no another one just stops !!

Yes worrying isn't it. There are thousands out there still not flying waiting for apps or devices capable of dealing with the app ect ect, we could see this number climb even more with the release of the ios app which im sure would then double the amount of P3's taking to the air. Its taking the shine of my excitement of it arriving this week that's for sure.

Will be interesting to see how DJI responds now that users can send video and telemetry data to them.

Yea it will, you would think so early on at this stage they would be trying to sort these few incidents out as fast as possible in case there is a problem with them. its worrying me im not going to lie

Yea it will, you would think so early on at this stage they would be trying to sort these few incidents out as fast as possible in case there is a problem with them. its worrying me im not going to lie
I was far more worried about the V+ because total failures/fly-aways were impossible to prove. At least now there's a record of exactly what happened.

Will be interesting to see how DJI responds now that users can send video and telemetry data to them.

sending the data is/ will be the easy part.... acting on the data?

a new team to investigate and make a mgmt. call on customer satisfaction, warranty etc. will be the tough choice for DJI. Will this be the lever to change support? I have my feelings and it goes with a statement that:
- a fish is a fish...., that will never change, just gets stinky when you change its environment

There is that i guess, still worrying tho. Following the other over on dji's forum but its gone very quite on there with nothing posted since yesterday afternoon.

How does the Phantom react if your screen device goes to powersaving mode or auto-lock? Since some apps (at least in iOS) do quit automatically if phone goes to auto-lock/powersave. Looks like in that flight log video (if the same device used in flight) the phone has powersave option on.

Reactions: rhoffart
How does the Phantom react if your screen device goes to powersaving mode or auto-lock? Since some apps (at least in iOS) do quit automatically if phone goes to auto-lock/powersave. Looks like in that flight log video (if the same device used in flight) the phone has powersafe option on.
The Pilot app disables sleep/screen lock when the app is open, so it's not even a possibility. I'm sure the iOS app will do the same. However, even if it did, the sticks still work.

Reactions: Skyy
This is very worrying.

I had been sooooo tempted to buy the P3!
But now glad I stuck with my P2V+ for now and waited for the beta testing to be completed by live users!

DJI will sort the problems out over the coming weeks and months and in time it'll be a fairly stable product.

This is very worrying.

I had been sooooo tempted to buy the P3!
But now glad I stuck with my P2V+ for now and waited for the beta testing to be completed by live users!

DJI will sort the problems out over the coming weeks and months and in time it'll be a fairly stable product.
At least the new firmware is now up and downloadable.

This is very worrying. ...
I can't see enough evidence that there's anything to worry about yet.
Cars crash every day but people don't worry about going for a drive.
There are thousands of Phantom 3s out there and some will crash - for a lot of different reasons. That 1 or 2 or 3 crash isn't reason to get anxious. Wait till you have a lot more information.

Just curious and not faulting this for the crash.. but how were you able to fly that close to Boston/Logan Airport? Seems like that area would easily be in the 5 mile radius.

Welcome to the bleeding edge! Some say this is typical DJI while others will say don't underestimate the power of user error. I lean towards the latter. You guys have all the benefit of the Inspire guys paying twice as much to beta test the same product in a different form factor. I'd put the odds on a systematic defect at 20%, user error at 50%, other 30%.

I really don't think there is enough data to say there is a problem with the P3 yet. However, that doesn't mean there isn't one either. I am truly hoping for a MORE reliable aircraft, not equal to or less than the P2. After having 2 flyaways, my logical mind says each iteration of the product SHOULD get better. I'm not ready to say, "The sky is falling" but Phantoms may be! LOL I'll just patiently wait to see what happens and if things continue to point to unreliability, I won't fly my P3P when it arrives and just return it and wait for the "fix" or whatever comes down the pike. My (flyaway, crashed) P2 hopefully will be repaired by DJI in a few weeks and I'll have some options. Still not sure what they are going to do, but I remain hopeful.

Reactions: Jersey07601
Are the logs recorded in the mobile app or only the aircraft?

People are saying that only on the end of the flight they are transferred to the mobile phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31