P3 lost in Charles River

Being that the phantom 3 is product made by DJI It would probably be just as good advise as it is on every other phantom to not fly it in till you have had a chance to open up the shell and actually solder the power wires properly and not have to take chances relying on the soldering job done by 6 year old kids. A wire suddenly coming off in flight is a common cause of them just suddenly going dead and just dropping like a brick. Being that if it were just a ESC or a motor giving out it would still have video feed of a horrific crash as it flips and tumbles to the ground. Tho with out being able to recover the down bird its not going to be to possible to see if a failed solder joint was the case or not.

Bad idea, IMHO.

You do that, and then the P3 crashes. DJI acceptss responibility, and asks you to send them the P3 so they can investigate. They open up the P3 and see YOUR solder work. "Looks like the P3 was opened up and things were resoldered, not by us. Sorry, we will not take any responsibility for this crash." You'll then be crying foul that your P3 crashed and you're out $1300.

Reactions: Jstic
Meta4, have you ever tested the multiple corners = CSC routine? Ie., you picture above shows TWO sets of lower corners; my manual on p2v= shows just the down and toward each other for CSC. Another post I have seen shows CSC as ALL 4 sets of corners - even up and in & up and out on both sticks. If THAT is true, then I can see me inadvertently doing a CSC someday - I catch myself sometimes full rise, full speed ahead and turning in a circle for camera picture while doing it: ie., left stick up and right corner and right stick up and left corner... I hope those are NOT valid csc commands.

For me to test them, I would have to bolt my p2 down as just about everytime I have tried CSC on ground I flip it over and bust props.... Would prefer an answer from an expert like you instead of buying more props again. :)
You could test this on the ground with props off.

I just was challenged to measure torque to unspin a prop only threaded on 1 of its 4 revolutions on another thread, so, while I had my unit held down (with props on) in workshop, I did test this.

Meta4 is 100% correct as expected: BOTH down corners as he shows cause motor start and motor stops.

The other thread on here that showed same for both sticks up at each corner WAS INCORRECT. There is no CSC action with sticks up and at corners like the other thread showed.

BTW, I was able to CSC motors off from idle most of the time, after a bunch of practice, with down and center (towards each other). I never once was able to CSC motor off going down and OUT (away from each other) without a FULL THROTTLE ACCEL for 1/2 sec before shutting off: from my many attempts I would say THAT move is near impossible without flipping - at least for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl